The Student Room Group

Ucat revision

can i cram my ucat revision a week before the actual exam or is it impossible
Reply 1
didn't do the UCAT myself but judging from how much my friends were revising for it instead of paying attention to lessons or actually coming into school, no
Reply 2
Original post by Sonia666
can i cram my ucat revision a week before the actual exam or is it impossible

Depending on how good you are at problem-solving already, it is possible. You should make sure to focus on your weaker areas and also your timing as that can be one of the hardest parts (probably don't do as much on SJT as most unis don't really care about it as long as you're above band 4). Also, do a lot of practice questions/papers. I believe most people tend to spend 1 month+ on revision. I spent a bit less time and still got a pretty good score tho. It is unlikely that you will get a great score only revising for a week, you may still do well, but even if your score isn't what you want, you could always consider the BMAT (which I kinda crammed for tbh). Good luck with your UCAT, I hope it goes well :smile: (Make sure you answer every question)
Original post by PM-G_555
Depending on how good you are at problem-solving already, it is possible. You should make sure to focus on your weaker areas and also your timing as that can be one of the hardest parts (probably don't do as much on SJT as most unis don't really care about it as long as you're above band 4). Also, do a lot of practice questions/papers. I believe most people tend to spend 1 month+ on revision. I spent a bit less time and still got a pretty good score tho. It is unlikely that you will get a great score only revising for a week, you may still do well, but even if your score isn't what you want, you could always consider the BMAT (which I kinda crammed for tbh). Good luck with your UCAT, I hope it goes well :smile: (Make sure you answer every question)

thank u so much, i rlly appreciate it, yeah im sticking to practice paper qs for now fr
Reply 4
depending on how good your short v long term memory is, I'd wager it's defo possible. having done well on MCAT (91st percentile after 4 months prep), GMAT (94th after 3 days prep) and GRE (≈93rd LSAT after 1 week prep), and having practiced UCAT for almost a month now with v lil improvement, if you're good at standardized tests (which I always thought I was…) and almost impossibly quick-witted (something I am now discovering I am not…), I say it's possible, cause so far I have no idea how this exam even works (as an ADHD American).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending