The Student Room Group

Social Work interview

Hi just heard about this new site. I am currently studying with open uni, and have applied to Queens Uni Belfast and the Ulster Uni to do a degree in Social Work. I have my 1st interview with QUB on April 14 and Ulster Uni on April 15. I was looking to know if anyone could help me with the type of questions they might ask and what kind of case studies they give you.

Please help as I am mature student and this is my 1st interview in years.
Are they group or individuals interviews?
They will want to see that you have good communication skills and can think logically. Questions they might ask are things around ethics/social work values, what relevant skills you have, how you have reflected on your experience, what qualities a social worker offer, what you would do in a particular situation.
Have a look at www.communitycare.co.uk for current issues, they have a good forum as well :smile:
Reply 2
andreamc68
Hi just heard about this new site. I am currently studying with open uni, and have applied to Queens Uni Belfast and the Ulster Uni to do a degree in Social Work. I have my 1st interview with QUB on April 14 and Ulster Uni on April 15. I was looking to know if anyone could help me with the type of questions they might ask and what kind of case studies they give you.

Please help as I am mature student and this is my 1st interview in years.

Hiya i've had my interview for Queens and Ulster, i wonder why you are getting two seperate interviews as Ulster usually interview for both. Or are you going for the graduate entry route?
Which courses have you completed with the OU? I did my social sciences and understanding health and social care with them :smile:
Reply 3
I've also sent you a PM.

Latest

Trending

Trending