The Student Room Group

Social work interview case studies/ situations

Can anyone give me any websites that will help me look at social work case studies and situation examples and how to deal with the situation and what you should do as a social worker in that situation.

I wanted to look through examples and answers so I can get a better sense of what is expected of me I certain situations and to prepare for my university interview.
Original post by Tee100x
Can anyone give me any websites that will help me look at social work case studies and situation examples and how to deal with the situation and what you should do as a social worker in that situation.

I wanted to look through examples and answers so I can get a better sense of what is expected of me I certain situations and to prepare for my university interview.

Hey im applying for birmingham and i also have to do a case study thing. Does anyone know how i can prepare for this? or what websites i can use. Are you in second year now for social work?
Reply 2
Original post by snehasabu231!
Hey im applying for birmingham and i also have to do a case study thing. Does anyone know how i can prepare for this? or what websites i can use. Are you in second year now for social work?

Hi, Social Work Student here!

I would recommend looking at Social Work England (SWE) and the British Association of Social Workers (BASW), for your interview.

Another website that is really good for information is the Social Care Insitute for Excellence (SCIE). Hope this helps and good luck with your application! 🙂
Original post by okiii_t
Hi, Social Work Student here!

I would recommend looking at Social Work England (SWE) and the British Association of Social Workers (BASW), for your interview.

Another website that is really good for information is the Social Care Insitute for Excellence (SCIE). Hope this helps and good luck with your application! 🙂

Hey do you know what they really wan you to do with the case study im a bit scared for that i saw someone say they just had to summarise the points is that true or is it different? I also have to role play as a social worker which is part of the interview
Reply 4
what happens if i wrote more words than the approximate word count they give you for the social work written assingment before having an interview, for uni of leeds submittion
Original post by yuguyg
what happens if i wrote more words than the approximate word count they give you for the social work written assingment before having an interview, for uni of leeds submittion

Im not sure i was on about how there gonna give me case study and i have to answer a quesrion but mines timed. Im applying for birmignham so i wouldnt know sorry
Reply 6

Quick Reply

Latest