The Student Room Group

what other options are there if i don't get into veterinary?

Ok, so I’m currently year 12, and I really want to become a vet and do a veterinary course etc. I'm predicted for As/A level A's in biology,chem and maths and in psychology I’m predicted a B.
However I know getting into veterinary uni's is hard, and I’m worried with the Jan results I have just got (B,C,D,U :frown: :s-smilie: ) that I won't stand a chance getting in... So what other options is there? I know there is zoology and other courses. But what are these like and are jobs you can get after them good etc?? And are they easier to get in to and what is the course like?
Reply 1
You could look into Veterinary Gateway programs. They're an extra year, prior to starting a vet medicine degree, that prepares you for starting the full degree if your grades arent quite right. That way you can still study to become a vet. Try not to settle for something you're not that interested in, zoology is very different from a veterinary course.
You could also look into veterinary nursing, again, it's different to studying vet medicine or science but it's more related than zoology.

Latest

Trending

Trending