The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

I’m currently getting onto a bioveterinary course for 2024 entry and I am wanting to go on to do veterinary medicine after this, but am aware funding is tricky. Is there any finance in place for a second degree in veterinary? The government website says there may be limited funding for degrees leading to qualification as a veterinary surgeon. I was wondering how much this is, how easy it is to get, and what other options there are for funding a second degree. Thank you😊
Hi Elliecharles7,

You would be eligible for the Maintenance Loan in years 1-4 of the new course if the 2nd degree leads to being a Veterinary Surgeon, as that would be treated as an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Elliecharles7,

You would be eligible for the Maintenance Loan in years 1-4 of the new course if the 2nd degree leads to being a Veterinary Surgeon, as that would be treated as an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare thank you for your reply!

Just to double check, am I correct in thinking that would cover the whole cost of the second degree? Meaning I would only have to pay for my day to day living and NOT the education?
Would I go abouts applying for this in the same way I do for my first degree?
Thank you!
Hi Elliecharles7,

No, the Maintenance Loan is paid to you directly to use however your require throughout the course. The Tuition Fee Loan is not available for this course as a second degree, the exception we make is by paying you the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Elliecharles7,

No, the Maintenance Loan is paid to you directly to use however your require throughout the course. The Tuition Fee Loan is not available for this course as a second degree, the exception we make is by paying you the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you for your help Clare!
You're welcome, have a lovely day. 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending