The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it's shallow in any way at all. Fashion is more than just about what's in and what's not. Fashion is a form of expressing yourself, expressing your individuality and tastes.

There's nothing wrong with taking an interest in your appearance. Fashion is a form of artistic expression and can reflect a lot about people.

Go for it in the Fashion industry!!! :biggrin:
I have to say, I do see where this p***k was coming from. I mean, I used to be massively into clothes - not faddy fashion trends but trying to make up cool outfits that where original in subtle ways yet still stylish and smart. It took up so much of my free time; shopping, browsing mags/films/tv, doodling my ideas etc.

Now I have more pressing matters at hand; my degree, my job, my hobbies and my family. So maybe this p***k just assumed that because you were into fashion and appearance, you had nothing better to do in life. The fact that it is your main area of interest means that you were simply discussing your speciality and career, what you do best!

But yeah, that dude does sound kinda bitter. And rude to boot. :/

What is fashion journalism all about then? I'm curious because I can imagine there being a limit to what you can say about clothing. :p:

Latest