The Student Room Group

Rejected?

Hi

I just want to know from a boy/guy perspective. Do you turn away from girls who are really beautiful or way out of your league, because you feel you're not good enough for them?

I really liked a guy, I thought they liked me too but it seems they're interested in someone else.

I literally have to look at myself in the mirror to see why I've been rejected

Any thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I just want to know from a boy/guy perspective. Do you turn away from girls who are really beautiful or way out of your league, because you feel you're not good enough for them?

I really liked a guy, I thought they liked me too but it seems they're interested in someone else.

Any thoughts?

No dude ever does that. Maybe the other person was better, just try be better than urself and u will find the person who is right for u
Absolutely not because I think all of this league stuff is nonsense anyway. A relationship isn't just based on looks, no point having a supermodel girlfriend/boyfriend if you have nothing in common with them and don't get along at all.
No it likely either means I just don't click with them that way or I maybe find them shallow - people doing the whole 'I'm Gods gift to you all!' routine don't tend to give off good relationship vibes imo.
Reply 4
No, because I'm cocky and don't believe this 'league' stuff is that important outside of it being a self-selecting, self-limiting belief.
Hi

Any thoughts?

No I don’t, otherwise I would have never known but this was at work where I met my partner she’s absolutely beautiful, cute and adorable and for me I thought I was out of her league but I still made my feelings clear for her that’s I love her and throughout work we instantly collected she felt the same for me I met her on her very first day whilst I was cleaning the stockroom when I took a bang to the head because of a book/magazine cage just as she came in and she introduced herself to me I went “wow, you beauty” in my head. Personally I think nowadays it is about physical appearance and characteristics but me and my partner were for each other heart and for who we are so personality. Then anything else.
Hi

Any thoughts?

We also got made to look like the way we are so we are gifted and talented in ways we don’t know and there’s a sense of hidden beauty within us that nobody can tell except yourself.
Hi

Any thoughts?

Hi,

I'm not aware of any guys actually doing this themselves, but I do know of a couple of guys who've been blown out by women in the way you describe (and yes, before anyone starts or speculates, these are very good looking model types (one of them was actually a fitness model), whom some here may say they are fully paid up members of "Team Chad").

Basically, the girls said that because they are so perfect, that they didn't feel "good enough" for him. One of them said that being with him would make her acutely aware of all her own physical hang-ups, and further play on her own insecurities (and bear in mind how b***hy / catty girls can be with each-other in general). The other convinced herself there was no way he could be attracted to her, so just assumed she would be some kind of "stepping stone" and would drop her like a hot potato as soon as a more stereotypical "barbie" type girl flashed her cleavage at him.

Although I've not seen guys doing this, I'm not saying it doesn't happen (generally, it's more typical for the woman to be the more attractive in a relationship?) I mean, IMHO, anyone who's got a jealous streak (e.g. the "green eyed monster") about them would do well to stay away from very attractive people... as attractive people (of either sex) are noticed by literally everyone they see. The various comments on many of the threads in this section of the forum are clear evidence of this.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
I think it’s unlikely he rejected your advance because he thought you were out of his league. It is possible that he prefers someone else despite your inordinate beauty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending