The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Does it worth to choose Salford fashion business & promotion?

Is Salford Uni's fashion business & promotion course accredited in the UK? I saw Salford Art & design graduate prospects is even higher than MMU. So MMU vs Salford, which Fashion business course is better for working in the fashion industry? I don’t know if I should choose Salford as my backup choice.

Although Salford fashion ranking is good enough, its overall QS ranking is below the average. If I work in the fashion industry, Salford would be fine for me as its fashion ranking is not bad, even though the uni’s overall QS ranking is not high.

However, there is a chance that I may want to work outside the fashion industry. So the university’s overall QS ranking may become important in this situation. I don't know if employers in the UK will focus a lot on the university’s ranking, especially if I don’t have any working experience. I am afraid that it will be difficult to find internships/ jobs if my university ranking is low.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Ruby12hty
Is Salford Uni's fashion business & promotion course accredited in the UK? I saw Salford Art & design graduate prospects is even higher than MMU. So MMU vs Salford, which Fashion business course is better for working in the fashion industry? I don’t know if I should choose Salford as my backup choice.

Although Salford fashion ranking is good enough, its overall QS ranking is below the average. If I work in the fashion industry, Salford would be fine for me as its fashion ranking is not bad, even though the uni’s overall QS ranking is not high.

However, there is a chance that I may want to work outside the fashion industry. So the university’s overall QS ranking may become important in this situation. I don't know if employers in the UK will focus a lot on the university’s ranking, especially if I don’t have any working experience. I am afraid that it will be difficult to find internships/ jobs if my university ranking is low.

Hello @Ruby12hty,

First of all its amazing to hear that you are considering studying fashion business and promotion and that the University of Salford is one of your options.

I thought I would give you a quick reply and answer some of your questions for you. By the looks of it our BA (Hons) Fashion Business and Promotion course is not accredited. What we do offer is industry connections and placement opportunities with companies such as Wicker Wings, Both Barrels, Silpa, Kohr, Hachure, JuJuni, Val Kristopher, Bare Beauty, ELLE, and Fashion Without a Face.

We are a vocational university, which basically means we teach practically and want our students to get stuck in with the work they produce. We try and give you as much experience in the field of work as possible before you step foot into the working world for yourself.

I would recommend attending an Open day and speaking to our lecturers and currents students in person, as well as seeing our facilities and study spaces.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Matt - University of Salford Rep
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending