you expect people to recall an exam sat in January?:hmmm:

just learn the spec and you'll do fine! :smile:

but i am a dumb person
very well then.
Reply 4
:frown:
I cant even find the past paper
Reply 5
Is this chemistry aqa mod 5? I'm sitting that in June, you too?
Reply 6
If anybody finds the paper, send it to me, i'll give you so much rep you'll forget what sex feels like.

:mmm:
Reply 7
Can you re-sit chem 5 in january? I didn't think you could seeing as though its the last A2 paper, i thought you had to resit the whole year and still do CHEM5 in june
Muddy91
*attention grab*

I believe your assistance is required :rolleyes:
Reply 9
916-CALL-TURK
I believe your assistance is required :rolleyes:

Mathematics.
i don't believe that no one sat this paper........

hahaha call turk - you legend

To OP - I sat this paper - it was ok. As far as I can remember there was a born haber cycle, oxygen hydrogen fuel cells came up (half equations and things)

erm general remembering of transition metal half equations (couple from the contact process)

few long answer questions - one was to do with listing a bunch of transition metal reactions (ligand substitution I think) and their colours, then there was an autocatalysis question, where you had to draw a graph of rate of reaction versus time...

There was the standard entropy questions...

and i think there was a standard EMF question too

thats all I can remember right now - i'll post more if I remember any more questions - hopefully this helped?
Reply 10
Mathematics.
Thankyou! that was very helpful :smile:
did you find the paper average or difficult?
do you know anyone who has the paper?
Yeahh if u remember anymore, help us all out and post the questions :p:

I taught myself the module - so I found it average to tough - but having been formally taught it aswell now (to be sat again in June), and looking back, it was probably an easier paper, not really any trick questions, all pretty much in the same style as past paper ones, which if you can handle, you would have no problem with...

I think my school has a copy, so I might try to procure a sneaky copy if possible =]
Reply 11
*MJ*
If anybody finds the paper, send it to me, i'll give you so much rep you'll forget what sex feels like.

:mmm:

Ditto. :p:
Muddy91
hahaha call turk - you legend

That I am, Sir. That I am :yes:

Muddy91

To OP - I sat this paper - it was ok. As far as I can remember there was a born haber cycle, oxygen hydrogen fuel cells came up (half equations and things)

erm general remembering of transition metal half equations (couple from the contact process)

few long answer questions - one was to do with listing a bunch of transition metal reactions (ligand substitution I think) and their colours, then there was an autocatalysis question, where you had to draw a graph of rate of reaction versus time...

There was the standard entropy questions...

and i think there was a standard EMF question too

thats all I can remember right now - i'll post more if I remember any more questions - hopefully this helped?

So the old spec CHM4 ones would do the trick? Aren't there some chapter which don't feature in the old spec?
Reply 13
916-CALL-TURK
That I am, Sir. That I am :yes:

So the old spec CHM4 ones would do the trick? Aren't there some chapter which don't feature in the old spec?

yeah mainly its just the fuel cells bit - added rechargeable and non rechargeable on it and pros/cons of each - and oxygen/hydrogen fuel cells....

and do you mean the old spec CHM5?
Seeing as how the OP of this thread has accused me of being a resource hog and won't stop PMing me/ quoting me even though I've bloody told him/her I will give the damn paper to him/her, I've decided to upload the paper in PDF format on MAY the FIRST for EVERYONE.

If anyone PMs me asking for it, please read my signature first.

(And for those of you wondering, yes I will upload the insert, mark scheme and examiners report as well.)
Muddy91
yeah mainly its just the fuel cells bit - added rechargeable and non rechargeable on it and pros/cons of each - and oxygen/hydrogen fuel cells....

What did ye get? If you don't mind me asking...
Reply 16
Hippysnake
What did ye get? If you don't mind me asking...

a B (just!) haha - bad times - i'd have to resit it with teaching anyway, cause my school predicted me an A*...

If i dont resit it though i need like 31/60 on the ISA for an A i think...
Muddy91
a B (just!) haha - bad times - i'd have to resit it with teaching anyway, cause my school predicted me an A*...

If i dont resit it though i need like 31/60 on the ISA for an A i think...

probably just bad luck! I'll upload the paper for all come May 1st.
Hippysnake
probably just bad luck! I'll upload the paper for all come May 1st.
Don't want to be a ****** pestering you or anything, but: Why May 1st?

EDIT: Just read your other post
Muddy91

:facepalm: I thought I typed CHM5. Personally, I blame all the Chemistry revision :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending