The Student Room Group

The 24 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Best series imo is series 2, then 1, 4 and 3. Series 4 was on track to become my best series but the shoddy writing near the end of the series sent it down.
who thinks ryan chappelle is an a-hole?
gordon2002

i did till season 3
oblivious
i did till season 3

dont tell me any more!
gordon2002
dont tell me any more!

he gets gobbled up by scooby doo when this terrorist group creates a laser that can turn cheese into living cartoon characters.
Reply 45
oblivious
he gets gobbled up by scooby doo when this terrorist group creates a laser that can turn cheese into living cartoon characters.

:p: - I couldn't believe it when I saw it happening :biggrin:

I've just finished watching Season 4 on Irish TV - brilliant finale. I didn't watch season 1, saw some of the repeats, but have watched all of the other seasons. As for annoying characters - without them it would be too simple - 24 is made of personal squabbles/annoying IT workers. The Game looks good, but perhaps is too much of a one-person shooter.

Jack is the greatest man to walk the streets. And the greatest TV quote ever:

"Jack, be careful" :biggrin: :rolleyes: :eek:
Reply 46
The apparent setting of Season 5:

Spoiler

Hashshashin
Because I've purposely avoided spoilers for series 2 so have no idea what happens in it. I dunno, it just seems a bit odd to miss a series out like that. Would you say I'd be able to get into series 3 easily enough without seeing series 2? Thanks.

Hmmm, that's a good point. Maybe you should watch them in order, they're are quite a few references to previous series' as it goes on. It wouldn't affect you're enjoyment of the show but I guess it is better to know the full story. So yeah, watch the second series next, but whether you buy it or hope it comes on TV is up to you. :confused:

gordon2002
I heard that series 3 is not that good, but 4 is brilliant.

I've got all the series (1-4), I'm at the end of series 2. This may sound silly, but I'd rather watch an episode once a week than all in 2 days or so (although it is tempting!). Its so hard to even watch an episode a day, let alone a week!

I'm just trying to make it last- its more satisfying/rewarding if you know what I mean!

I personally really liked series 3. In order from best to worst I would say 1, 3, 4, 2, but it's been a while since I saw the second series.

I totally agree with you! I prefer to watch week by week. The only series I've done this with was series 1 because the rest didn't come on the TV channels I had and I don't have enough self discipline :rolleyes: It's just so great how you'd be left wondering all week about the cliffhanger that every episode ended with! :biggrin:
gordon2002

Spoiler

half a person
Hmmm, that's a good point. Maybe you should watch them in order, they're are quite a few references to previous series' as it goes on. It wouldn't affect you're enjoyment of the show but I guess it is better to know the full story. So yeah, watch the second series next, but whether you buy it or hope it comes on TV is up to you. :confused:

OK, thanks anyway. :smile: I'll probably buy it when I next get paid, it'd not too expensive online anymore.
Reply 50
half a person

Spoiler

Agreed - I almost forgot about that. 24 throws up all the emotions
I cannot wait for season 5. I thought season 4 was really really great!
Just got the season 1-3 box set and am halfway through season 3 already. It is nice to re-watch, but not the same.
I wonderif Tony will still be there....
yourjoyismylow
I cannot wait for season 5. I thought season 4 was really really great!
Just got the season 1-3 box set and am halfway through season 3 already. It is nice to re-watch, but not the same.
I wonderif Tony will still be there....

do you know when its coming out?
gordon2002
do you know when its coming out?

They are shooting it right now, been working on it since July.
It will premier in the US on January 15 and 16 2006! 4 hour special, not in real time, I think.
Reply 54
thats odd, i thought it was a 2 hour special on 8th january. did they change the scheduling?
yourjoyismylow
They are shooting it right now, been working on it since July.
It will premier in the US on January 15 and 16 2006! 4 hour special, not in real time, I think.

Oh right, I didn't know- I don't have skt :frown: . Where is it being filmed?
doctor_b
thats odd, i thought it was a 2 hour special on 8th january. did they change the scheduling?

Four hour special 15/16 Jan
I thought series 4 was a bit tired to be honest, they need a new location, out of LA, get rid of some of the dull and stupid characters, and learn how to write better subplots, instead of drivel like 'ooh edgars mum cant get out of the evacuation zone in time' when we've never met the character, or had any emotion towards her.
Thanks a lot for telling me Jack Bauer's wife dies. I'm only just watching series 1.
SamTheMan
Thanks a lot for telling me Jack Bauer's wife dies. I'm only just watching series 1.

well you can make her not die- by watching the alternate ending. Hahahahahaha :p:

Quick Reply

Latest