Was it hard?
What grade did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was fairly easy. Got an A* :smile:
That's really good.
What percent did you need to get an A*?
In GCSE is it 65% or something?
How did you revise for it?
Gcse's- 2A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's and 2 C ' s (C is in english Lanuage)
A-levels - 3 A's predicted
I have about 3 years worth of work experience in a hospital, care home, charity work etc.
Do I have a chance of being accepted anywhere for dentistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by basit282828
Gcse's- 2A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's and 2 C ' s (C is in english Lanuage)
A-levels - 3 A's predicted
I have about 3 years worth of work experience in a hospital, care home, charity work etc.
Do I have a chance of being accepted anywhere for dentistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not gonna lie the C's will hinder your chances as they will restrict your options as most uni's ask for A's some ask for B's and hardly any ask for C's BUT I know for a fact you could apply to Leeds University for Dentistry through the Access to Leeds programme. You should look into it to see if your eligible. Also I'm sure there are some universities out there who only look at GCSE's to distinguish between 2 candidates that are similar and therefore doing better in the UKCAT would mean they would be less likely to look at your GCSE's. It's all about applying tactically and looking at your strengths and weaknesses and then applying to uni's which look more at your strengths and not much at your weaknesses.

I definitely think you have a chance and there will be at least 2-3 uni's out there where u have a chance, Leeds being one. Good luck!
Original post by xambercx
Not gonna lie the C's will hinder your chances as they will restrict your options as most uni's ask for A's some ask for B's and hardly any ask for C's BUT I know for a fact you could apply to Leeds University for Dentistry through the Access to Leeds programme. You should look into it to see if your eligible. Also I'm sure there are some universities out there who only look at GCSE's to distinguish between 2 candidates that are similar and therefore doing better in the UKCAT would mean they would be less likely to look at your GCSE's. It's all about applying tactically and looking at your strengths and weaknesses and then applying to uni's which look more at your strengths and not much at your weaknesses.

I definitely think you have a chance and there will be at least 2-3 uni's out there where u have a chance, Leeds being one. Good luck!

Happy new year to everyone :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy New years every1.
Original post by matthewames97
Hi,

GCSE - 7As, 4Bs
AS - BBBB
A2 prediction - AAA
UKCAT - 632.5
Work experience - over 3 weeks
Dental course
Lots of extra curricular, charity work and volunteering.
Very strong personal statement

Do i have a chance for Newcastle(partners), Glasgow, Dundee and Liverpool?

may i ask how may criteria's did you meet for newcastle partners scheme?
GCSEs: 5A*s 4As 2Bs
A* - History, Eng.Lit, R.S, Business Studies, Maths
A - Bio, Chem, Physics, Eng.Lang
B - Spanish, Music
AS: Bio, Chem, Maths, Business Studies
Predicted A's for my AS-Levels (currently in yr 12) and I'm also doing the EPQ over summer
Have work experience
So obviously Birmingham is not an option for me but do my stats seem competitive for dentistry at all? I'm aware that it does depend on the UKCAT/BMAT scored too but are my GCSE's 'good enough'?
I'm just worried that I have no hope with my GCSE's considered the limited number of places there are available for dentistry and the sheer number of applicants for the course generally with higher stats than mine :frown:
Any help would be appreciated, tysm in advance :smile:
Original post by TAgirl
GCSEs: 5A*s 4As 2Bs
A* - History, Eng.Lit, R.S, Business Studies, Maths
A - Bio, Chem, Physics, Eng.Lang
B - Spanish, Music
AS: Bio, Chem, Maths, Business Studies
Predicted A's for my AS-Levels (currently in yr 12) and I'm also doing the EPQ over summer
Have work experience
So obviously Birmingham is not an option for me but do my stats seem competitive for dentistry at all? I'm aware that it does depend on the UKCAT/BMAT scored too but are my GCSE's 'good enough'?
I'm just worried that I have no hope with my GCSE's considered the limited number of places there are available for dentistry and the sheer number of applicants for the course generally with higher stats than mine :frown:
Any help would be appreciated, tysm in advance :smile:
yes ur GCSEs are fine they're probably the least important factor in the whole application
Reply 2150
I'm currently in year 12 studying biology, chemistry and psychology. As I will not be sitting AS exams this summer (I will sit internal mock exams) do you think dentistry unis will be looking more heavily at GCSE grades? Or mainly AS mocks and predicted A2 grades? Thanks:-)
GCSEs: 7 A*s, 1 C

I'm currently in Year 12; Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I'm predicted 3 As, I did initially do maths but I dropped it so I'm only taking 3 a levels

Am I good enough?
I have 4A*s 5B's for gcse
For AS i do maths biology chemisty and physics predicted 2 As and 2Bs
Im on the ADOPT programme at sheffield for dentistry
I have 3 weeks of work experience and a week of volunteering and i play hockey for school.
What unis can i get into?
At GCSE I got 9A* 2A
I do biology chemistry maths geography at AS but I'm dropping geography at the end of the year. I'm predicted AAAA but I don't know if I'm going to get them because I'm finding them all really difficult.
I don't have work experience yet but I'm booked in for 2 weeks in summer.
My main extra curricular activities is volunteering at Rainbows/Brownies/Guides and was on Police and Crime youth commission

I don't know if I'm good enough because I'm really worried about my AS exams, what do you think?
Original post by hollydavis
At GCSE I got 9A* 2A
I do biology chemistry maths geography at AS but I'm dropping geography at the end of the year. I'm predicted AAAA but I don't know if I'm going to get them because I'm finding them all really difficult.
I don't have work experience yet but I'm booked in for 2 weeks in summer.
My main extra curricular activities is volunteering at Rainbows/Brownies/Guides and was on Police and Crime youth commission

I don't know if I'm good enough because I'm really worried about my AS exams, what do you think?

Sounds good so far, just get a lot of work experience and write a good personal statement and you should be fine 😊

The grades are the least you should be worrying about because most don't even look at AS. I got AABB and I'm predicted AAA and I have an offer
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys

I've been looking around for stuff I can do before applying to uni and a course called Dent-gate keeps coming up in Birmingham. I've heard the London one was good, anyone had any experiences? Everyone seems to have done more than just work experience It's on dent-gate.co.uk.

Thanks
Original post by Toothmousse
Hey guys

I've been looking around for stuff I can do before applying to uni and a course called Dent-gate keeps coming up in Birmingham. I've heard the London one was good, anyone had any experiences? Everyone seems to have done more than just work experience It's on dent-gate.co.uk.

Thanks

No need at all :smile:
Original post by preetg97
No need at all :smile:

Ok thanks, that makes me feel a lot better :smile:

Might do it anyway as it looks kind of fun!
Hi, im in year 12 and currently doing Biology, Chemistry and Government And Politics and I am targeted 3A's in all (although I have my doubts about actually getting that). I have done 2 weeks of work experience in a dental practice, and I am currently in the process of applying for more to do each week. I also volunteer at a nursing home. My GCSE's are 4A*s and 5A's and a Merit. Would this allow me to do dentistry?
Hi, I am retaking year 12 but am predicted A's and A*'s. Can I still do dentistry even though I am resitting a year? I know that you can still do dentistry if you resist modules but I am not sure about resitting the year. Do any of you guys know of anyone who have resat a year and got into dentistry?

Quick Reply

Latest