The Student Room Group

The "Am I Good Enough For Dentistry" Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Good enough..?

Fee: RUK
UCAT: pending, 27-3000 in practice tests
A-Levels: A* / A* / A Bio Chem Language
GCSE: 998888877776644
Maths is 6, Chem is 7, Bio and English are 8
Original post by WinnipegFreeway
Good enough..?

Fee: RUK
UCAT: pending, 27-3000 in practice tests
A-Levels: A* / A* / A Bio Chem Language
GCSE: 998888877776644
Maths is 6, Chem is 7, Bio and English are 8

You need to do your UCAT first - most unis base their interview off of the UCAT, many unis e.g. Bristol base their entire selection process of of UCAT (if you meet entry requirements)
And also 2700-3000 is a big range - 2700 is just below the minimum requirement for many schools whereas 3000 puts you very comfortably in getting an interview offer...
Original post by Hygeia
This thread is for all those 'do I have a chance' and 'am I good enough' questions.
For an idea of entry requirements look here.
(this is not the most up to date so please don't rely on it.
Please also check out:
Dentistry Work Experience Guide
Frequently Asked Questions for Applying to Dentistry
will i be able to get into a dental university if i get a a* c with the a* in geography, a in biology and c in chemistry. im getting around this and unless i get amazing in my mocks, my predicted grades aren't looking too good for chemistry. should i consider taking a gap year and focus on my actual a level exams then apply to uni?
also these are the most relevant work experiences i have done
- given a talk at a primary school about dental hygeine
- founded my schools first dental discovery newsletter
- multiple charity events eg managing stalls at morocco earthquake fundraiser
- private tutoring
- springpod online dental work experience
- self taught henna artist - manual dexterity, communication with customers to get the design they want
Reply 2304
Original post by user1234512345
will i be able to get into a dental university if i get a a* c with the a* in geography, a in biology and c in chemistry. im getting around this and unless i get amazing in my mocks, my predicted grades aren't looking too good for chemistry. should i consider taking a gap year and focus on my actual a level exams then apply to uni?
also these are the most relevant work experiences i have done
- given a talk at a primary school about dental hygeine
- founded my schools first dental discovery newsletter
- multiple charity events eg managing stalls at morocco earthquake fundraiser
- private tutoring
- springpod online dental work experience
- self taught henna artist - manual dexterity, communication with customers to get the design they want

You're unlikely to get an offer without a prediction of at least A's for all three subjects, so you'd likely have to achieve all A's then apply over a gap year (which isn't actually as bad as it sounds tbh).

Of course, there's no harm in applying this year too and wouldn't hurt your chances in any way , but just maintain realistic expectations.

Quick Reply

Latest