The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Another one for International here. Although, I'm not sure when I'm going to move in, because I haven't heard anything about Freshers' except that the Fayre is on the 24th. If this is the case, I think I'd rather move in beforehand.
Is this the same date for the Fayre as everyone else?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
www.KCLSU.com

...now has accommodation specific threads. They will be sub-divided as the threads get busier.
Reply 222
I visited GDSA yesterday and I *love* it and I'm now so excited about the 17th!!!
Dreama
I visited GDSA yesterday and I *love* it and I'm now so excited about the 17th!!!
Have they re-landscaped the courtyard again?

And are the flowers in the park behind GDS in full bloom?

GDS is awesome when the suns shining.. you feel so mortal.. so alive sometimes just sitting in the courtyard, or lying down, talking with mates, but just gazing up at the sky.. such a perfect blue framed by the GDS buildings. and the clouds floating across the blue - so powerfully emotive.

Yes - I'm deep; and yes - I love it.
Still haven't heard ANYTHING about where I'll be living - and I arrive in one week's time!

I've been on the phone with them multiple times and they keep saying "we'll be allocating more places soon," which is maddening, to say the least.

Looks like I'll be holed up in a hotel looking for rooms to rent.
Hoosieroon
Still haven't heard ANYTHING about where I'll be living - and I arrive in one week's time!

I've been on the phone with them multiple times and they keep saying "we'll be allocating more places soon," which is maddening, to say the least.

Looks like I'll be holed up in a hotel looking for rooms to rent.
I'm moving in on Saturday the 10th and do not have an efficient way of moving my luggage as well as waiting on getting a certain room. Really want this.
Reply 226
feelthesunshine
Have they re-landscaped the courtyard again?

And are the flowers in the park behind GDS in full bloom?

GDS is awesome when the suns shining.. you feel so mortal.. so alive sometimes just sitting in the courtyard, or lying down, talking with mates, but just gazing up at the sky.. such a perfect blue framed by the GDS buildings. and the clouds floating across the blue - so powerfully emotive.
Yes - I'm deep; and yes - I love it.

Aw it started out as such a manky day but it got real nice!
I sat in the park for awhile, so relieving to find *green* in London!
I had a little wander to Waterloo campus to see how far it was - I'm loving the GDSA experience!

:smile:
This is to anyone going to Hampstead Campus- have no worries. I'm a Londoner and it's a great area. Classy, lots to do and v good restaurants, shops, bars etc. Finchley road's fun as well, the o2 centre is v good. Hampestead's nice & green also with the heath nearby
freakin' FINALLY.

Allocated a spot in International Hall!
err, I got off the phone with the Accom. Office about an hour ago, and they told me I was allocated a spot in International.

I just got an e-mail from the King's Office, and their form said I've been allocated a spot in Hamstead Campus...where I really don't want to live.

And so the confusion continues.
Reply 230
anyone want to swap to hampstead halls?! preferably to stamford appts?
Reply 231
anyone want to swap to hampstead halls?! preferably to stamford appts?
Hey, Hoosieroon the Accommodations Office was playing the same game with me and I arrive on Saturday. I think I have a permenant placement in Nutford House. Good luck!
Reply 233
hey, me got kings college hall 22222, man, its sooo far away ---- ZONE 2
Reply 234
Hi guys, I'm Will, just found this forum. :hello: I'll be coming to KCH - it was my 2nd to last choice cos of where it is and I didn't want catered but the social scene sounds alright.

Hi to anyone else who's going to KCH, I'm moving in this Saturday just so I can get involved with fresher's week
ahhhh still aint herd nothing about accomodation - maybe their saving a room in the palace for me
Reply 236
hey i just got my accomodation today, for some unknown reason they sent it by air mail(???) i phoned a week ago though and they told me id got it so you should just ring them up and ask.
WJFP
Hi guys, I'm Will, just found this forum. :hello: I'll be coming to KCH - it was my 2nd to last choice cos of where it is and I didn't want catered but the social scene sounds alright.

Hi to anyone else who's going to KCH, I'm moving in this Saturday just so I can get involved with fresher's week

Hi Will from Just Found This Forum! I'll be moving in on the 17th too!

PS: I'm the one in the clown suit. I'm undercover you know.

Latest