The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

'electrical Appliances'

has anybody else read the bit that you got with all the accomodation bumpf that says 'electrical appliances'? does anybody else think its complete crap??
why d'you have tell them when it was purchased? and how often do you 'service' or perform and 'appliance test' on a hairdryer, television, ELECTRIC ALARM CLOCK???lamp/light ??? did anybody else's electric alarm clock start to sound rusty after it had 36,000 miles on the clock?? cause i don't remember having to give mine an oil change! ?

and the other worrying thing is:
'Permission to bring personal electical items will not be unreasonably witheld, but may not be granted for items which may cause a disturbance or a fire hazard. Such items include;
. extensive sound systems
. amplifiers ...................' :frown: does that mean i won't be able to bring my 100watt guitar amp with me?? hows a man supposed to rock-out every now n then?

HELP! ANYONE! PLEASE! DON'T TAKE AWAY MY AMP! :rock: :thrasher:
Reply 1
I giggled at this one.

They'll see me coming a mile off;

Laptop, PC, Printer, 2 lamps, phone charger, hairdryer, curling tongs, straighteners, electric alarm clock, lava lamp...

Everyone else's electricity will be dimming... :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
It is for insurance cases I presume. We had it at school. Any institution where personal electrical appliances are used by people is legally obliged to register them internally, so that in case of theft, fire, flood, whatever, they know and you can find out from them.
Reply 3
I think it's more to prevent people like me using all the electricity... Fire hazards and the like.
Reply 4
I just told them about my laptop and never said anything about the rest (hairdryer, lamp, straightener..) hehe :smile:
Dreama

Laptop, PC, Printer, 2 lamps, phone charger, hairdryer, curling tongs, straighteners, electric alarm clock, lava lamp...

*makes note to rob Dreama's room* :ninja:
Reply 6
kidney thief
*makes note to rob Dreama's room* :ninja:

:rofl:
Dreama

They'll see me coming a mile off
Same thing with the cast of any teen flick.
Dreama
curling tongs, straighteners
Indecision - highly unattractive little Jojo.. good thing we haven't seen who you are yet.
Dreama
Everyone else's electricity will be dimming...
You know Ann Summers do make battery-operated products... Wake up to 2005, luvvie!
Reply 8
feelthesunshine
You know Ann Summers do make battery-operated products... Wake up to 2005, luvvie!

What a homosexual thing to say....
HTale
What a homosexual thing to say....
Have you ever taken a female friend shoe-shopping for you and ended up in La Senza or Ann Summers or even that tacky place in Leicester Square...?
How am I meant to explain my electric chair (child-sized)?
Reply 11
cheesecakebobby
How am I meant to explain my electric chair (child-sized)?

:rofl:
It's for freshers who look like they should still be in school

...like duh
Reply 13
feelthesunshine
It's for freshers who look like they should still be in school

...like duh

This is a question: are you homosexual? Its a geniune question, which I just want to know the answer to. I hope you don't take offence from it. :smile:
Reply 14
feelthesunshine
Same thing with the cast of any teen flick.

Indecision - highly unattractive little Jojo.. good thing we haven't seen who you are yet.

Hmph!!!

*sulks* :biggrin:
You're supposed to let them test your stuff for electrical safety when you move in, but I never bothered and had no trouble :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Omg, they can check mine!

I'll check everyone's in GDS personally if I have to, don't fancy being burnt to a crisp before I even start!

D xxx
HTale
This is a question: are you homosexual? Its a geniune question, which I just want to know the answer to. I hope you don't take offence from it. :smile:
No. Full marks for a naively funny question though! lol..

I see you've already noticed that I dress well, have had theatre school singing and dancing training, get on well with my mum and have nice eyes and shoes...
Reply 18
feelthesunshine
I see you've already noticed that I dress well, have had theatre school singing and dancing training, get on well with my mum and have nice eyes and shoes...

Come to Pineapple with me! :biggrin:

Latest