The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Can you bring gaming consoles to college accommodation?

I'll be in josephine butler for reference.

I have a switch and a PS4, and my own (small) tv all from home. I assume the tv is allowed because the room has a tv bracket, and the switch because it's handheld, but is the PS4 allowed? Or does any electrical equipment have to pass safety checks?
Original post by Anonymous

I have a switch and a PS4, and my own (small) tv all from home. I assume the tv is allowed because the room has a tv bracket, and the switch because it's handheld, but is the PS4 allowed? Or does any electrical equipment have to pass safety checks?

i think you can take them yes but best to maybe phone up before!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya

I don't think there'd be an issue if you bring your TV and PS4. I believe they would only ensure that those appliances are CE-marked and then you're good to go. Still, it's best to ring Butler or drop them an Instagram DM and confirm with them.

Here's a list of prohibited items that you can have a look at: https://www.stevojcr.co.uk/prohibited-items. These apply to all colleges.

-Himieka
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi I'm in JB and just brought my Xbox down, have you figured out how to connect it to internet because it's not picking up DU or eduroam and the ethernet the router uses doesn't work

Quick Reply

Latest