The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
prkp12
For the titratrion Q i put 0.254, i didnt roud it up, think i'll get marks?

probably, i dont think there usually too strict about it all.

Does anyone know what the cut offs for ps and ku are? as in if there high or low etc?
Reply 41
For the Q about what gas is given off i put the carbonate one and the one with silver and the acid, was looking at neutralision reactions. For the monosacharides i put sucrose & fructose, and part a i put glucose i think!
Reply 42
_Stephieee
I got the denatured enzyme and pretty certain I put carbon dioxide was given off, can't even remember what I put for the reaction, wasn't fermentation though.

It wasn't?! What were the reactants/products?
Reply 43
LuhLah

I thought you said earlier? :O Uh oh..

EDIT: I'm confused? When you say "it wasn't," what exactly is "it"?
DOUBLE EDIT: Ah! NVM lol :biggrin:
Reply 44
LuhLah

No, I think the answer is fermentation, I'm saying I definitely didn't put fermentation myself.
Reply 45
_Stephieee
No, I think the answer is fermentation, I'm saying I definitely didn't put fermentation myself.

i put anearobic resperation
Reply 46
_Stephieee

Oh right! Sorry.
Reply 47
prkp12
i put anearobic resperation

You still will get the marks.
Reply 48
Im going to stop looking at these answers as i dont want to get my hopes up and fail or see all the Q's, I answered wrong :P
icecold94
i asked the invigilator for a copy after the exam, he said i could have a spare one to take home if i really wanted.

:O Jammy so and so. Our invigilators are meanies.. :emo:
LuhLah
This. If you hate hydrocarbons, then Unit 2 will be a nightmare :s-smilie:

How brilliant(!) I hate hydrocarbons with a passion. I hate the idea of 5th year already. Stupid Higher...
Reply 51
Anyone fancy scanning the paper up? I wanna do it :teeth:
Reply 52
NaturalDisaster
How brilliant(!) I hate hydrocarbons with a passion. I hate the idea of 5th year already. Stupid Higher...

Lol Higher makes SG looks like science for retards (no offence) I miss it lol :frown:

And there aren't many hydrocarbons, but more alcohols, alkynes, esters, amino acids, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, fats, oils, proteins and many many more :daydreaming: I actually love it compared to some of the other stuff :s-smilie:
Reply 53
could anyone tell me what the put for the question where you had to label that electrolysis or something reaction, with the ion bridge? i have a feeling i failed that one miserably. This guy behind me kept making these noises it was REALLY distracting!!
LuhLah
Lol Higher makes SG looks like science for retards (no offence) I miss it lol :frown:

And there aren't many hydrocarbons, but more alcohols, alkynes, esters, amino acids, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, fats, oils, proteins and many many more :daydreaming: I actually love it compared to some of the other stuff :s-smilie:

:lol:
It's the best unit!

C274
Anyone fancy scanning the paper up? I wanna do it :teeth:

Yay! Someone as sad as me :woo: :p:
Reply 55
Alt__x
could anyone tell me what the put for the question where you had to label that electrolysis or something reaction, with the ion bridge? i have a feeling i failed that one miserably. This guy behind me kept making these noises it was REALLY distracting!!

Was also confused by that one! i just guessed and wrote silver rod and crap like that!
Reply 56
AccioNitwit
:O Jammy so and so. Our invigilators are meanies.. :emo:

our invigilators are stuff of legends :smile: apparently in the art exam, everything was silent, and then one of them looked at someone and shouted "i think i used to date your granny" :P
Plus, the chief invigilator used to be our teacher, so he knows us all and stuff anyway.
icecold94
our invigilators are stuff of legends :smile: apparently in the art exam, everything was silent, and then one of them looked at someone and shouted "i think i used to date your granny" :P
Plus, the chief invigilator used to be our teacher, so he knows us all and stuff anyway.

Pahaha, that's awesome :smile: One of ours has a bad limp and it's really distracting - I keep finding myself imagining her doing gymnastcs :/
Reply 58
This was the question on the typhoon fighter jet
----------------------------------------

The question that I got a bit confused with in the credit paper is the one when it asked you: "what is the type of bondingis present in Titanium Chloride?..... it goes on to say that the compound does not conduct electricity when liquid.
Now, my understanding is that a compound that doesnt conduct when liquid is a covalent one......but to be covalent the bonding must be between two non-metals and in this case Titanium Clordide it was between a metal and a non metal
The answer i came to was that the compound must be an ionic crystal lattice (which i believe donot conduct becaue, both elements present in them, have equal positive and negative charges).

Any opinions guys??

(P.S. if anyone has a copy of the credit paper and is able to upload it... please do so.)
LuhLah

Ok, so basically, Highers are really hard, a lot harder than Standard Grade. I wish my school did more Int 2s for stuff. Oh well. The alcohol stuff sounds boring, but the rest sounds fairly awesome. Please tell me you get to do loads of practical!

Latest

Trending

Trending