The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
AHHHHHHHH!!!! :argh:
Reply 61
What day are you guys going to be coming up? I think I'll turning up on the saturday.
Reply 62
JaF
What day are you guys going to be coming up? I think I'll turning up on the saturday.

Yep, I think Saturday too.

Are we gonna have a little TSR meetup? :smile:
Reply 63
I'll come up on the 29th. Want to have stroll around the town and have a look at all those overseas events.
AlphaNumeric
Supervisions depend a lot on the supervisor. Some, particularly PhD students, are quite relaxed, and more like an hour long informal chat about maths. Others are much more tense affairs. Some supervisors get really annoyed if you don't do work (or do it badly) and either get angry or make you feel like crap. I think its important they make you feel relaxed, or you don't ask questions as much and feel worried to show you're not 100% confident with the material (which defeats the point of having the supervision).

Thanks. That's really good to know :smile:
Reply 64
Adhsur
Yep, I think Saturday too.

Are we gonna have a little TSR meetup? :smile:

I think we should do.
Reply 65
I'm up for a meetup. What was actually the result of that other tread a couple of weeks ago about about the TSR formal? Do we already know when and where?
Reply 66
Trinity of course. We went to Clare earlier this year. It was nice.
Reply 67
Well I was thinking of a separate "meet" just for trinitarians so we can know who's who in the first few days! At the moment I think I'll bump into some of you around great court and not recognise you! :eek:
Reply 68
Adhsur
Well I was thinking of a separate "meet" just for trinitarians so we can know who's who in the first few days! At the moment I think I'll bump into some of you around great court and not recognise you! :eek:

I bumped into all the Pembroke TSRers last year on the first day. Then again, there aren't many of us.
Reply 69
Adhsur

I hope you still can't remember what I look like in which case my secret will still be safe.:p:
Reply 70
JaF
I hope you still can't remember what I look like in which case my secret will still be safe.:p:

Don't be too sure. :evil:

Btw, everyone, who is your tutor???
Reply 71
Adhsur
Don't be too sure. :evil:

Don't tell me you've taken a screenshot of the webcam.
Reply 72
I intend to walk around with a camera the first couple of days mwaha. And didn't you post a pic in another thread anyway?

My tutor is Dr. Hunt. We will have group meetings on that monday, won't we?
Reply 73
Is he the Aussie?
Mine's Dr. Kennedy.
Reply 74
minimo
Is he the Aussie?
Mine's Dr. Kennedy.

Dr. Hunt is the Aussie, I had him for one of my interviews and he was really nice. He really likes boomerangs and according to Shiny he's a legend.

My tutor is also Dr. Kennedy and I think he looks really friendly: http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/site2002/People/kennedy_dp.html
Reply 75
Boomerangs? :biggrin:
Reply 77
JaF
Dr. Hunt is the Aussie, I had him for one of my interviews and he was really nice. He really likes boomerangs and according to Shiny he's a legend.

My tutor is also Dr. Kennedy and I think he looks really friendly: http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/site2002/People/kennedy_dp.html

Yup! He looks like such a nice guy. :smile:
Reply 78
Where's shiny? He was hilarious!!
Reply 79
minimo
Yup! He looks like such a nice guy. :smile:

I think that he looks like quite a jolly old chap.
minimo
Where's shiny? He was hilarious!!

He hasn't posted for a long time but IIRC he was doing a PHD at the other place.

Latest

Trending

Trending