The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
same here, sometimes its even everyday!! but I do have a serious shopping addiction!
Reply 2
I'm trying to calculate...

Does this include accessories?

If it does, then... about every 3/4 days? Twice a week, probably. And if I'm not buying, I always have an idea of what I want to buy.

Lots of teenagers are a little bit addicted to shopping. My mum *still* is and she's 50. Perfectly normal, as long as you don't go into debt, I think.

Edit: Although if you (like me) find yourself broke at the end of every month, waiting for your paycheck so you can buy more clothes... maybe time to cut down?
Reply 3
i buy so many trainers - i love them i wish i could buy one a week if i could afford them!
i buy about 7 t-shirts a month and trainers every 3 months
Reply 4
Argh. Inspired by this thread, just went to check how much I've *actually* bought in the last month:

1 pair of trousers, 1 shrug, 2 pairs of earrings, 4 necklaces, 1 pair of shoes, 2 skirts, 5 tops.

I think I may genuinely be addicted to shopping. Eep.
once a week?

It really depends, recently i have been shopping all the time but normally i'd go shopping like twice a month :biggrin: i'm a good girl
OMG i love shopping and now work at Topshop so am constantly buying new clothes at the start or end of my shifts! I get excited by all the new clothes! And even worse when i am not at work i am looking on the internet for things to buy or things i am going to buy!
renarr
just trying to figure out if i have a problem here... :biggrin:

How often do you buy new cothes/ shoes/ bags?
Me, I go shopping and buy a couple of new items every 2/3 days. is that bad?!?

six times a year
Reply 8
renarr
just trying to figure out if i have a problem here... :biggrin:

How often do you buy new cothes/ shoes/ bags?
Me, I go shopping and buy a couple of new items every 2/3 days. is that bad?!?

not if you have the money. I go shopping every two or three days too, but to buy food :p:
I bought new clothes last week, but before that I hadn't bought any new ones in 5 months. I buy them when I need them.
btw, how many full wardrobes do you have´? :eek:
Reply 9
shopaholic_soph
OMG i love shopping and now work at Topshop so am constantly buying new clothes at the start or end of my shifts! I get excited by all the new clothes! And even worse when i am not at work i am looking on the internet for things to buy or things i am going to buy!

hence the name :rolleyes:
:wink:
Might sound like a poof but i'm a male and i buy wayyy too many clothes and end up broke, haha.
Reply 11
once a month.or twice a month.maybe once in two months.depends really on my bank account
Reply 12
i buy new clothes about once a year :smile:
Reply 13
in the past month ive brought, a top, a hat, a jacket, some jeans, a waistcoat, 5 pairs of socks, a pair of shoes, a kilt pin, a bra and a scarf.

i started working in bay in debenhams about 2 months ago and that has made me spend so much more, i don't really like bay clothes, i just pick up the odd thing as i get 40% discount. but its lethal being in debenhams next to warehouse, topshop and faith, i get 10% discount too, but on topshop i can get 20% cuz i get staff and student wooooooo
I rarely buy new stuff, however, every once in a while I tend to splash out on something pretty expensive! Like tonight I just spent close to 200 quid on an mp3 player, hee hee!
Reply 15
whenever i go shopping. so about twice a week. it's so fantastic having parents with divorce guilt to finance my shopping
:smile:
Reply 16
i've been in new york visiting my dad so i (he) spent a ridiculous amount of money on clothes.
about twice a week. I work really close to the huge topshop on oxford street, plus theres about a billion other huge stores nearby. Not good for my bank balance!
Reply 18
maybe four times a year

I really can't be arsed to go more often.

The last time I went clothes shopping was before I started revising for exams, and the time before was just after christmas. And I'll probably go before I go to university.
Reply 19
I work for Warehouse so Im always buying new stuff, its so hard not to when you're surrounded with clothes all the time!

Latest