The Student Room Group

car insurance!

i made the mistake of buying a 2 litre automatic golf as a first car after months of searching, and now not ONE insurance company is willing to insure me!!!
i’ve been trying for the past couple of weeks, searching endlessly but they just won’t!!!
can anyone help or give me advice on what to do?!!
p.s i bought the car bc i need to drop my siblings and cousins off to school, but now i can’t because they just wont let me insure my car ☹️
Tbh you might need to sell it and get something else. This will be little comfort now, but It was crazy to buy it before you got the insurance quotes, esp as a new driver when there can be such high premiums involved :/ Have you tried calling any of them and talking it over? I've often found them more flexible that way

My go to 'I've bought something stupid and can't easily get quotes' is Adrian Flux, they've got me insured through Highway which covers higher risk drivers, but still a 19+ age limit and I dunno how they feel about new drivers.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Tbh you might need to sell it and get something else. This will be little comfort now, but It was crazy to buy it before you got the insurance quotes, esp as a new driver when there can be such high premiums involved :/ Have you tried calling any of them and talking it over? I've often found them more flexible that way

My go to 'I've bought something stupid and can't easily get quotes' is Adrian Flux, they've got me insured through Highway which covers higher risk drivers, but still a 19+ age limit and I dunno how they feel about new drivers.

yeah you’re right i just needed someone to tell me straight😩but it’s just a really hard pill to swallow and i really should’ve done more research but i will try to call over the phone this afternoon to see if there’s any wriggle room!! but thank you very much!! x
I don't know why you didn't do some compare the quotes to see if you'd get anything. Insurance on a 2 litre isn't cheap for a first time buyer I should know, but I still got Insurance on it.
Original post by mimiszn
i made the mistake of buying a 2 litre automatic golf as a first car after months of searching, and now not ONE insurance company is willing to insure me!!!
i’ve been trying for the past couple of weeks, searching endlessly but they just won’t!!!
can anyone help or give me advice on what to do?!!
p.s i bought the car bc i need to drop my siblings and cousins off to school, but now i can’t because they just wont let me insure my car ☹️

Your best bet might be to sell it and get something else. It wasn't the best idea to buy it before you got the insurance quotes, especially as a new driver when there can be such high premiums involved.
You could try phoning up the insurers to see if you get any joy that way.
Otherwise, sell it and get something else. There's plenty of other cars you can take your siblings and cousins to school in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending