The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Got to admit, that is somewhat true.
Reply 2
lol iv noticed this a lot as well.
it usually only annoys me when americans will say something, and think they are the bees knees.
Reply 3
Their ignorance annoys me more than anything else...
Reply 4
These are people that go completely ******* nuts if someone burns a flag.

A flag.
Reply 5
:facepalm2:
i can and do
ps. bill hicks, bitch
Reply 8
No mirrors in america.
why do british comedians take so much piss out of themselves though?
weirdguy
It's something I've consistently observed. Even American comedians don't make fun of Americans..it's always other countries...Russell Peters probably jokes about every country in the world apart from Americans/Canadians.Also, even American people can never take jokes about themselves though they make fun of other countries(and they're ignorant for the most part). It really annoys me....

Maybe you should ask yourself why Brits think it's cool to constantly put down their country. I find it very irritating. I wish I had a dollar for every person that walked up to me and said something like "How do you like it here? I think this place is a $hit hole"
Reply 11
Cuz dey up demselves innit.
Reply 12
Yeah good points here, Americans sometimes take patriotism too far and we don't have enough. WE HAVE NO PRIDE :frown:
This thread is funny. Not all of us are uber-patriotic nut-jobs. I make fun of America all the time, thank you very much.
Reply 14
Baltimoron
This thread is funny. Not all of us are uber-patriotic nut-jobs. I make fun of America all the time, thank you very much.

good to hear mate
Reply 15
Made in the USA
Maybe you should ask yourself why Brits think it's cool to constantly put down their country. I find it very irritating. I wish I had a dollar for every person that walked up to me and said something like "How do you like it here? I think this place is a $hit hole"

because we do like our country but we also accept that we're not perfect....as is the same with every country..something that you yanks don't seem to understand....according to you'll, america is the best and everything else 'sucks ass'.
weirdguy
because we do like our country but we also accept that we're not perfect....as is the same with every country..something that you yanks don't seem to understand....according to you'll, america is the best and everything else 'sucks ass'.

Sometimes I feel like we are being criticized for not being like you. I hope the day never comes where Americans walk around feeling ashamed of themselves, their country, their history, etc. like in Britain. Maybe the US is too OTT patriotic, but you Britons could learn a lot from americans about having some national pride. There is a "middle ground" between the attitudes of both cultures that's probably ideal.
Reply 17
Made in the USA
Sometimes I feel like we are being criticized for not being like you. I hope the day never comes where Americans walk around feeling ashamed of themselves, their country, their history, etc. like in Britain. Maybe the US is too OTT patriotic, but you Britons could learn a lot from americans about having some national pride. There is a "middle ground" between the attitudes of both cultures that's probably ideal.

probably..and brits are in no way ASHAMED of their country. They just like to have a laugh at themselves at some of the lesser aspects of their country...
Reply 18
Made in the USA

and also..national pride is one thing...being ignorant about other cultures is a totally different matter.
weirdguy
probably..and brits are in no way ASHAMED of their country. They just like to have a laugh at themselves at some of the lesser aspects of their country...

That's fine. Go on and mock and ridicule your country as much as you want. We choose not to, so why not leave well enough alone? I'm getting tired of these threads where you folks think only your perspective is correct and we should be like you.

Latest