The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't go to uni but I wanted to join in the discussion! It takes me about an hour and a half to get back to my mom's house (two trains) or about 45 mins to drive.
Only about an hour on the train, which will be for my first year. I don't know if I'll be taking my car in the second year, but that'll take around the same amount of time I think?
Reply 22
I used to live 3 hours away but now it's 6! (by train)
Reply 23
Home's currently 4.5/5 hours away, but as of next year the family's moving, so it'll be 6,000 miles away... :s-smilie:
from leeds going to bristol uni, so that 3-5 hour train/car journey, costing between £30 and £80 depending on how i do it!! yay!! :frown:
Reply 25
Middlesbrough to UWE, so its like nearly 300 miles, like 4-5 hours on train or in car!
Reply 26
About 3.5 by car and about 2/2.5 by train. Can't wait. I'll be within about 15 minutes of my relatives though, so I won't be cut off from everyone I know if I don't want to be.

For one year of my course though I'll be living about 6,000 miles away from home!
Reply 27
About an hours drive. Train will be longer as I have to go to a main station, get another train to my town, and then drive/get a bus from there to my house. Getting close to 2 hours for that I think.
Reply 28
If I go to Bristol, then however long it takes to get from London to Bristol.
I wanted to be within driving distance~
Reply 29
I'll be an hour away at Cambridge or an hour and a half away at Nottingham, by car depending on traffic. Quite good distances imo, although I didn't choose them because of that!
Reply 30
I'll be around 4.5 - 5.5 hours away by train and about the same in a car, as I live near manchester and moving down south :smile:
About 20 hours...maybe more.. Miami-Paris-London
Reply 32
London - Stockton (Durham - Firm) - Train = 3.5 hours road must be 5?
London - Aberdeen - (Aberdeen - Insurance) Train = 7.5 hours road must be 13? As the coach takes that much time.
I live in the middle of Somerset and I'll be in Plymouth for university.

The travel time is the same by car or train, so it's 2 hours away (106 miles).

To go by train:
Castle Cary ---> Taunton/Exeter St Davids ---> Plymouth
Reply 34
200+ miles. About 4 hours on the train. (Total journey time tends to be at least 5 hours with buses to and from the stations though.
Reply 35
Hmm..from Luton to Nottingham.

About 97 miles on the M1 according to Google. However, its a hell of a journey on the train, with several changes. Meh, that's why we usually went by coach on Open Days.
Reply 36
Three and a half hours on a good day, via train or car. Love being miles away, it's like having two lives!
176 miles. Canterbury from the Midlands. Cant wait!
Reply 38
only about 2 hours (southampton uni, live in s.e. london)

Not far enough tbh
I'm 30 mins away from my uni :smile: Little longer if I use public transport, but really not that much longer.. would still be able to be sat in my seat in less than an hour since leaving the house. Good times :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending