The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought this was a little bit harder than all the past papers but do-able at the same time. Definitely made me think harder but overall it went okay. I'm so glad smoking came up - typically, I'm good at writing about drugs, alcohol etc :p:

What about everyone else?
Reply 2
Badddddddddddddddddddddd :frown:

Soooo much harder than the past papers we did at our college :s-smilie:

The big brother type question really threw meeee and the internet predator thing was way too ambiguous :mad:

I really wanted an A as well!!! :rolleyes: :frown: :p: hahaha
Hey, I'm new here :biggrin:
I found it harder than I expected...especially the last listening question and some of the reading section... :frown:
I just hope I did ok on my writing.
I agree, it was a lot harder than I expected.. :frown:
I honestly think I did really badly. I did well in the mock exams we did using past papers but the paper seemed harder today. Especially that last listening question.. and yup I slipped up on the Internet question. I just hope I did better on the writting :frown:
Reply 5
/\/\/\/\/\

The big brother type question really threw meeee and the internet predator thing was way too ambiguous :mad:

Whaaat? was there a question on internet predators? i don't remember this? was it the listening or reading bit. sugar, i'm SURE i answered all the exercises :s
Reply 6
bon
Whaaat? was there a question on internet predators? i don't remember this? was it the listening or reading bit. sugar, i'm SURE i answered all the exercises :s

It was in the reading and you just had to fill the gaps.
Reply 7
sugar. :s-smilie: wasn't that about badminton?
Reply 8
OriginOfShowbiz
Hey, I'm new here :biggrin:
I found it harder than I expected...especially the last listening question and some of the reading section... :frown:
I just hope I did ok on my writing.

hey, and welcome,:biggrin:

same! that last listening one was a killer! i didnt realise what what moyennage was untill i came out... (at least that's what i think that the word was...):rolleyes:

i hope i did okay too! i chose the last question, what about you?
i meanaged to ramble on about pressure so i hope that would get me some marks...:s-smilie:

nebby:smile:
Agree with everyone it was much harder than the past papers but generally do-able. One of the grammar ones confused me....the one with "garder"...I left it as infinitive in the end but I wasn't sure.

What writing did everyone do? I did marriage :smile:

But yeah I wanted an A and I was relying on that to pull me up cos my oral wasn't great, now I'm worried :sad:
bon

Where on EARTH was there anything about badminton?! :eek3:
There's another thread on it here :smile:

So we can all moan about it together!! Hahaha, I was the same, found the last listening really hard and one of the grammar ones.
Reply 12
ChopinNocturne
Agree with everyone it was much harder than the past papers but generally do-able. One of the grammar ones confused me....the one with "garder"...I left it as infinitive in the end but I wasn't sure.

But yeah I wanted an A and I was relying on that to pull me up cos my oral wasn't great, now I'm worried :sad:

I think it was meant to be "Tout en gardant.. "
Reply 13
bon

haha lol!
sorry, if you actually mean that, but come on, all the referance to internet shopping and researching on the internet...
yeah, the last listening one was bad! i didnt get what moyennage was untill after the exam... is that even the word?
i chose smoking too, just rambled a bit really, im hoping for a B, maybe?
what's everyone else hoping for?
nebby
brooker_92
I think it was meant to be "Tout en gardant.. "

Oh damn :sigh: yeah you're right I think now I see it!!
nebby
haha lol!
sorry, if you actually mean that, but come on, all the referance to internet shopping and researching on the internet...
yeah, the last listening one was bad! i didnt get what moyennage was untill after the exam... is that even the word?
nebby

It was les moyennes ages (sp?) - the middle ages. I'm hoping for an A but....yeah.
Reply 16
nebby
haha lol!
nebby

ah no i just realised i was doing a different exam :p:

moyennage doesn't exist, but moyenâgeux means 'medieval', and moyennant means 'for which' or 'depending on' [quite a hard word to translate without context] :smile:
nebby
hey, and welcome,:biggrin:

same! that last listening one was a killer! i didnt realise what what moyennage was untill i came out... (at least that's what i think that the word was...):rolleyes:

i hope i did okay too! i chose the last question, what about you?
i meanaged to ramble on about pressure so i hope that would get me some marks...:s-smilie:

nebby:smile:

Thanks Nebby :smile:
I still don't know what it means :p: And I always mess up on the grammar questions! I'm glad it's over now though :biggrin:
I did the first question about marriage so that I could stick in some imperfect and conditional phrases. I managed to write about 2 pages but I'm not feeling too confident..
Reply 18
bon
ah no i just realised i was doing a different exam :p:

moyennage doesn't exist, but moyenâgeux means 'medieval', and moyennant means 'for which' or 'depending on' [quite a hard word to translate without context] :smile:

oh right, thanks for cleatring that up.
and lol you were doing a different exam!
i got the garant one! woop woop, was a bit confused cause i couldnt remeber if chaines was masculine or feminine... oh dear, what a flop!
i put feminine anyway...
nebby
Reply 19
ChopinNocturne

I thought it was easier than some past papers, (which probably means I've messed it up badly!) As for 'garder' wasn't that 'gardant' - en gardent...'

I did smoking, and managed to write a load, but I think it was really just a lot of rubbish - and ended up being quantity, not quality!

Latest

Trending

Trending