The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have the 2003 reading answers they could post up please?
Reply 21
Hey :smile:

I'm sitting the exam on Friday and slightly nervous :/ I got 25 in my speaking and an A in my prelim but our teachers had to tell us the topic for the prelim as we hadn't covered it in class by that time. I'm hoping for a listening about family and friends as it hasn't come up since 2002. Both Higher French and German were on holidays but that came up in 2008 so I doubt it will be the same topic for Spanish.

I'm kinda hoping for a working scenario in the DW because you can pretty much learn one job scenario for any type of question/bulletpoint. I would hate one that was about an internation course etc.

Buena Suerte!

B x
redmonston
I'm hoping for a listening about family and friends as it hasn't come up since 2002. Both Higher French and German were on holidays but that came up in 2008 so I doubt it will be the same topic for Spanish

My thoughts exactly.
Reply 23
Does anyone know what the listening essay questions have been from the last 10 years or something? I'm trying to make an educated guess of what the essay will be on this year but I can only get past papers from the last 3 years on the SQA website.. :smile:
I'm really nervous about Friday but I got 25 in my speaking so I'm hoping that will boost my grade.
Good luck to everyone sitting higher Spanish on Friday! xx
Reply 24
2009 - el estrés
2008 - las vacaciones
2007 - La ciudad y el campo
2006 - Los ordenadores
2005 - La televisión
2004 - El instituto
2003 - La vida sana
2002 - La familia y los amigos
2001 - El barrio donde vives
2000 - Planes para el futuro
1999 - Los fines de semana
1998 - Los amigos.

B x
Reply 25
Thankyou! I'm really hoping for family cos that's what my speaking was on :smile: But I suppose school wouldn't be too bad either. xx
The "stress" one last year was basically health/healthy living, right? So going purely on what's came up most recently it looks likely to be family, school or future plans this year... not that this is a good way to look at it! :blush:
Reply 27
Well if its on any of those 3 topics - family, school or future plans - I'll be extremely happy! So fingers crossed.. :biggrin: xx
Reply 28
Pedrobear
The "stress" one last year was basically health/healthy living, right? So going purely on what's came up most recently it looks likely to be family, school or future plans this year... not that this is a good way to look at it! :blush:

I would actually love the SQA if any of those three topics came up :p::woo: Those were the three main topics that my speaking was base on and can still remember most of it so I could just lift phrases out.

B x
my teacher has a strong feeling that pocket money could come up. kinda random but stilll. just an extra little thing to look out for haha :smile:
EmmaDilemma
Would anyone be able to post some good phrases to incorporate into the essay from the listening exam?

I've not got many so it would be really helpful!
Things like ''I get on better with my mother than my father'', what you do as a job, what you do to keep fit, why you like a certain subject, why you like one parent better than the other (things like he helps me with my homework etc)

much appreciated if someone could :biggrin: xx

-trabajo en un tienda de dulces pequena y bonita. Normalmente, trabajo todos los fines de semana para cinco o ocho horas. Lo que mas me gusta es que gano mucho dinero que puedo gastar en la ropa y ir al cine con mi pandilla.

-Suelo ir al gimnasio tres o cuatro veces por semana. Me encanta ir al gimnasio porque me divierto y hago ejercicio al mismo tiempo.

-Mis asignaturas preferidas son el frances y el espanol. Suleo sacar buenas notas en los idiomas porque los me gustan mucho.

-prefiero a mi madre a mi padre porque siento que puedo hablar a mi madre de todo. Confio mucho en mi madre porque ella es muy simpatica.
EmmaDilemma
:redface: muchos gracias!
Have you got anymore up your sleeve? :biggrin:

:yes: for school you can say-en general, mi instituto tiene un ambiente muy buen porque la mayoria de los alumnos y profesores son muy simpaticos.

Este ano es clave porque es el ultimo ano para acceder ir a la universidad. No dejo de pensar en mi futuro, en lo que quiero y deber hace con el. Lo que hago en el futuro depende de mis resultads de los examenes este ano.

hope this helps!
Hmm...I havent started revising yet...dont know where to start tbh
Any suggestions?

What dictionary are you guys using btw?
Reply 33
panda_lovee
Hmm...I havent started revising yet...dont know where to start tbh
Any suggestions?

What dictionary are you guys using btw?

I'm struggling to get started revising too.. I'm starting by trying to learn a selection of my personal essays and then I'm just gona learn a basic d/w I think so I can just use it for anything that comes up but then just put in the specific answers to each bullet point.

The dictionary I'm using is "Collins Spanish Dictionary & Grammer". It's sort of medium sized so good for finding words quickly in exams and it has verb tables at the back which is always useful. You?
Hmm, I'm not planning to learn a writing off buy heart, maybe just some phrases.

I'm using collins easy learning dictionary. I like it and its easy to use and has verb tables but I've used it for some reading papers and some words arent in it. Does that happen with you?
I've got another dictionary which do have some of the words in there but the verb table is kinda hard to use =S

Struggling to choose which one I should bring into the exam
Reply 35
panda_lovee
Hmm, I'm not planning to learn a writing off buy heart, maybe just some phrases.

I'm using collins easy learning dictionary. I like it and its easy to use and has verb tables but I've used it for some reading papers and some words arent in it. Does that happen with you?
I've got another dictionary which do have some of the words in there but the verb table is kinda hard to use =S

Yeah, my teacher has given us a list of 18 essays or something that we have written over the year to learn but I don't plan on learning them all cos that's just a ridiculous amount!
I'm focussing mainly on the lifestyles and education ones. Really hoping that the essay isn't on the wider world.. :smile:

Can you take in 2 dictionaries? Like, take in the smaller one that you prefer to use with the good verb tables and then have one of the big ones under your desk or something in case a certain word isn't in your Easy Learning dictionary? I'm not sure if this is allowed but it's worth checking out.
panda_lovee

taht always happens with me and im using "Collings easylearning spanish dictionary" Im pretty s ure youre allowed totake a second dictionary in, thats what i plan to do.Ive got 11 essays to learn its a nightmare and got chemistry today so only really 2 days ahh!
That sucks >.<
It's been 2 weeks since my last exam but I've been procrastinating and only gonna start revision today ._.

I've made up my mind, I'm gonna take the oxford colour dictionary plus. Its more likely to have the words in it since its higher. And decided not to take two dictionarys cause I'll end up wasting loads of time looking up words in both dictionarys. And cant say I need the verb table in that dictionary because we're meant to learn it...>.<

I hope listening's gonna be easy, im really bad at it
EmmaDilemma
If it was me I'd take the one with the verb tables.. when it comes to the translation and the directed writing it could come in VERY useful!

Hmm...but what if I need important words for the reading? =S
Reply 39
I'm doing AH, am I still welcome here? :puppyeyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending