The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
katrina101
hopefully.. i was expecting two calculcation questions but instead they had the adverse variance thing.. what did you put for that?

So glad they only had one! I'm mathematically challenged. =/

There was oe really obvious adverse variance [can't remember which] and then there was the expected sales revenue thing, they'd predicted that they'd earn more than they did. I think. Hmm.
Reply 41
yeah i put that.. im kinda scared now :| i went onto extra paper and just made a load of stuff link into the questions to try and gain maximum knowledge marks =(.. how did you find 2d?
Reply 42
vn2009
Yes u were thr only one:p:

Whatwas interesting about it :eek: ?

:teehee: I like the Eden Project in general. I was one of those visitors in 2006 :p: Plus I felt there was loads you could say... Like because it said that Cornwall was a big tourist industry so even though they are a differentiated project they still have to compete for the limited time and money the holiday makers have and such.
Reply 43
Liaxx

There was oe really obvious adverse variance [can't remember which] and then there was the expected sales revenue thing, they'd predicted that they'd earn more than they did. I think. Hmm.

i would have prefered them because i learnt all the formulas and definitions to go with them..
Reply 44
Liaxx

Ha! Same. I mucked up the only one that was there... oops!
Reply 45
How much did everyone write for the last question (13 marker?)
Liaxx
I forgot to turn my alarm off, it went off in my bag twice during the exam. I was so embarrassed and spent half the exam worrying that it'd go off again. =(

So you didn't get disqualified? OMG...
(Last time, I got disqualified in Senior Maths Challenge (exam rules apply) for bringing in power-offed mobile and headphones)

The exam was horrible, totally. FML
Reply 47
Buss1234

i finished all of the space that was given to us and wrote about an extra 3/4 of a page on the extra sheets they gave to us. you?
Reply 48
Buss1234

All the space plus a few extra lines on my extra paper.
Reply 49
wow 53/80 is a B so that means u can loose 27marks and still get a B :O
Reply 50
Magic Dust

same i got a bit muddled up because unit costs are how much it costs to produce a unit and they wernt exactly produing goods.. i got 9p .. well 0.09 and then i interpreted it as 9p but some people have put 80p and stuff so i think i messd it up too
Reply 51
Magic Dust

So did I. =(
I spent ages trying to work it out into a percentage, and got completely lost as I'd worked out the first one to be 15% and the second one to be 15% and was like 'How am I supposed to compare them when they're both bloody 15%?' I hate that the mathy ones are always at the beginning, 'cos I open the paper and feel like crying right away. :frown:
Reply 52
katrina101
same i got a bit muddled up because unit costs are how much it costs to produce a unit and they wernt exactly produing goods.. i got 9p .. well 0.09 and then i interpreted it as 9p but some people have put 80p and stuff so i think i messd it up too

I worked out the wrong equation :p:
Reply 53
katrina101
i finished all of the space that was given to us and wrote about an extra 3/4 of a page on the extra sheets they gave to us. you?

woww....I wrote 5 lines for that LOl..FLOP:frown:
didn't get enough time
Reply 54
asabashoyuki
So you didn't get disqualified? OMG...
(Last time, I got disqualified in Senior Maths Challenge (exam rules apply) for bringing in power-offed mobile and headphones)

They let me sit the rest of the exam, so I don't assume I was disqualified? I'm not entirely sure, though, they didn't seem too bothered about it, just moved my bag into the store-cupboard at the back of the hall so that no-one would hear it if it did go off again.

And disqualifying you for bringing in a turned-off mobile phone just sucks. There was a lad in my exam who turned his phone off, but kept it in his pocket and it fell onto the floor halfway through, they had to confiscate his phone and make a note that it'd been in his pocket.
Reply 55
Buss1234
woww....I wrote 5 lines for that LOl..FLOP:frown:
didn't get enough time

what did u write about though.. im sure ull get some marks if u made your points and put in some relevant stuff!
Reply 56
For the last question, quality assurance is where they check them throughout production, right? I can never remember whether it's that one or whether it's when they check them all right at the end and I really hope I didn't completely mess that one up.
Reply 57
Liaxx
They let me sit the rest of the exam, so I don't assume I was disqualified? I'm not entirely sure, though, they didn't seem too bothered about it, just moved my bag into the store-cupboard at the back of the hall so that no-one would hear it if it did go off again.

And disqualifying you for bringing in a turned-off mobile phone just sucks. There was a lad in my exam who turned his phone off, but kept it in his pocket and it fell onto the floor halfway through, they had to confiscate his phone and make a note that it'd been in his pocket.

I thought you meant a watch alarm... Your phone alarm went off and you were allowed to finish!? You wouldn't be allowed to do that in my college...
Reply 58
Liaxx
For the last question, quality assurance is where they check them throughout production, right? I can never remember whether it's that one or whether it's when they check them all right at the end and I really hope I didn't completely mess that one up.

Yes it is.
Reply 59
Liaxx

yeah it is.. i included bits of benchmarking and stuff into it though.. im not sure if i shoould have =\

Latest

Trending

Trending