The Student Room Group

OCR F211 May 25th Biology

really hard paper i think. Didnt understand the yeast question about active transport. what was the table showing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what did people put for the question about TEM and SEM??
about the yeast question, was it goo enough 2 say it was asexual reproduction by mitosis :s
Reply 2
i thought it was hard too!

i think the table was showing about the permeability of the membranes and that if it didn'tgo through active transport, then all the cells would have taken up the blue staining.. and the temperatures affected the efficiency of the ap production and the transporter proteins.. that's what i wrote anyway..

the yeats question about budding was mitosis really, but the chromosones divide inside the nucleolus if i remember rightly hmm

hopefully the grade boundaries will be low! i was really struggling time wise
786girl
what did people put for the question about TEM and SEM??
about the yeast question, was it goo enough 2 say it was asexual reproduction by mitosis :s

everyone at my school found it hard too..

TEM will show organelles or lack of
SEM will show 3D structure, bi concave shape of RBC
Reply 4
what did u wirte aboiut why it doesnt stain at 20 degrees?
also wat did u write about cell at 60 degrees?

also for the heart beat question i got 120bpm which is a bit dum? anyone else get anything
Reply 5
For the heart beat one , I'm pretty sure the answer was 75.
HIDW

your right.

it was also in a past paper... same question and answer
Reply 7
I got 75 bpm for the heart beat which sounds about right.

I found the questions quite hard to answer actually, I understood most of the content but just couldn't get in onto paper :/

For the first question- what was that squiggly thing on the cell diagram? I said DNA.
Reply 8
What 2 reasons did anyone get for staining the smear.
Reply 9
:/ how did I get 48 for the heat rate?? fml.
The rest of the paper was ok, apart from the yeast budding...
Reply 10
Flugel
I got 75 bpm for the heart beat which sounds about right.

I found the questions quite hard to answer actually, I understood most of the content but just couldn't get in onto paper :/

For the first question- what was that squiggly thing on the cell diagram? I said DNA.

Nucleoid or naked dna I think.
Reply 11
HIDW

yeah that's what i got, phewww someone else with that answer :biggrin:
Reply 12
yep 75 bpm here too
Reply 13
any answers on the methylene blue q...i pretty much the same answer for part b,c,and d. The high KE and the molecules moving faster and the membrane getting leaky!
also for the part a of that q...i put that 50% should be in the solution and 50% should be stained cells to be diffusion??
Reply 14
for the staining, i said to look at chromosomes more clearly and to identify between different WBCs.. so granulocytes have a lobed nucleus etc..
for the TEM/SEM i thought it just asked what other structures you can see.... :s-smilie:
Reply 15
oh that squiggly thing is DNA or bacterial chromosome.. according to some text books
Reply 16
OMG!!! I hated every question on that paper, i think am gonna be retaking in jan, what do you think the grade boundaries will be like this time, cuz in jan it was like 40/60 for an A sooo hopefully itll be the same this time.
nth1992
oh that squiggly thing is DNA or bacterial chromosome.. according to some text books

I said chromatin for that, not sure if it's the same...
I didn't find this paper too bad - this was a retake for me, I messed up last January but the jan paper was far harder!
how the hell did u get 75, i got 1/0.98 * 60
Reply 19
In my textbook It says the squiggly thing was a nucleoid which contains DNA, hope thats right as its what I put!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending