The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Saphire1
Thought that was okay, I put something along the lines of mars being far away from the sun and water freezing, CO2 staying in the rocks/freezing and because water vapour is a greenhouse gas and they are reducing, IR radiation is not absorbed (goes into space) so temperature decreases (think ive just written that)

because earth is not too far away/close it has the right temp for liquid water and life puts CO2 in the atmosphere by respiration

i think it was something like that anyway :smile: - I was hoping for a question on CO2 absorbing IR and what happens :frown:

This.

I hated this paper. It wasn't as formulaic as I'd come to expect them all to be. There wasn't any of the usual lovely questions haha.
Reply 101
dymphna
This.

I hated this paper. It wasn't as formulaic as I'd come to expect them all to be. There wasn't any of the usual lovely questions haha.

my thoughts exactly.

any ideas what the grade boundaries would be??
i thought it was WAY harder than jan 2010 and jun 09.... ><
Reply 102
coffee345
my thoughts exactly.

any ideas what the grade boundaries would be??
i thought it was WAY harder than jan 2010 and jun 09.... ><

It was harder than the practise ones I've done. I'm hoping they'll be slightly lower than usual, but you never know really. There might have been enough people who found it okay to make them higher :frown:
I thought this was an easy paper! Gosh, there was nothing too hard and the last question was a really nice 6 marks!
The only thing I wasn't sure on was the thing to do with the amount of nitrogen compared to on earth. What did everyone get for that?
Reply 104
doomhalo
I thought this was an easy paper! Gosh, there was nothing too hard and the last question was a really nice 6 marks!
The only thing I wasn't sure on was the thing to do with the amount of nitrogen compared to on earth. What did everyone get for that?

22 times more on Earth??

Theres 78% on Earth; 3.5% Venus
78 divided by 3.5 = 22?
Reply 105
dymphna
It was harder than the practise ones I've done. I'm hoping they'll be slightly lower than usual, but you never know really. There might have been enough people who found it okay to make them higher :frown:

what have you got in the past papers??
i got A's and B's in the past papers but found this one EXTREMELY HARD!!

many people in our college found it hard so *fingers crossed* :smile:
what did people say about the maxxwell boltzmann curve?
Reply 107
coffee345
what have you got in the past papers??
i got A's and B's in the past papers but found this one EXTREMELY HARD!!

many people in our college found it hard so *fingers crossed* :smile:

The earlier one's I got B's, but after a couple it was pretty much consistently A's. It seemed soo much harder than the others though. So I have no idea really :/ Not much to be done about it now I guess!
Aargh got the colour change from orange to green the other way round >_<
Otherwise okay-ish, did well in jan and cw so i could afford to lose a few marks i hope D:
Reply 109
cpdavis

What maxxwell boltmann curve?

There wasn't one was there...?
dymphna
What maxxwell boltmann curve?

There wasn't one was there...?

It was talking about when you increase the temperature, what happens to the rate of reaction. So I spoke about this, and chem teacher said that was right.

Also, what did you put for the wavenumber for water? I put 3600-3640 (around that)
Reply 111
cpdavis
It was talking about when you increase the temperature, what happens to the rate of reaction. So I spoke about this, and chem teacher said that was right.

Also, what did you put for the wavenumber for water? I put 3600-3640 (around that)

Ohh, I thought you meant there was actually a drawing of one. I was worried I'd missed a page out...

I put whatever was in the table. I think it was something like 3200-3600 I put because it had a star next to saying that there was hydrogen bonding. But I had no idea really.
Reply 112
dymphna
Ohh, I thought you meant there was actually a drawing of one. I was worried I'd missed a page out...

I put whatever was in the table. I think it was something like 3200-3600 I put because it had a star next to saying that there was hydrogen bonding. But I had no idea really.

but it was water vapour...vapour's a gas so it doesn't exhibit hydrogen bonding...i put 3600-3640cm-1 :s-smilie:
Reply 113
coffee345
but it was water vapour...vapour's a gas so it doesn't exhibit hydrogen bonding...i put 3600-3640cm-1 :s-smilie:

Thats true. You're probably right. Like I said - had no idea, so I just guessed haha.
coffee345
22 times more on Earth??

Theres 78% on Earth; 3.5% Venus
78 divided by 3.5 = 22?

i did (3.5/78) x 91 = 4.08 so 4 times as much? dont know tho...

@person above me, arent there H-bonds between O and H in one H20 molecule anyway.... it would probably show a peak at 2500-3600 or watever it was..
Reply 115
ahhh so hope the grade boundaries would be low!!
>__<
I think for the wavenumber, they would accept all the answers for OH, as it was only showing them for alcohols not water
Reply 117
cpdavis

which was was the boltzman curve?! how did you do that one :s-smilie:
UNDEAD_ARMY__MO
i did (3.5/78) x 91 = 4.08 so 4 times as much? dont know tho...

@person above me, arent there H-bonds between O and H in one H20 molecule anyway.... it would probably show a peak at 2500-3600 or watever it was..

That's what I got too.. it's a relief to know I got one of the mathsy questions right (hopefully anyway).. found it loads harder than Jan 2010 paper...

Also what was answer to the ionic equation at the start?? I put 6 H+ but then the equation was balanced so didn't know what to put in the next space :/
Reply 119
Nikinoodles
That's what I got too.. it's a relief to know I got one of the mathsy questions right (hopefully anyway).. found it loads harder than Jan 2010 paper...

Also what was answer to the ionic equation at the start?? I put 6 H+ but then the equation was balanced so didn't know what to put in the next space :/

why is it 3.8/78 x 91?

and it put 6H+ too- what did you put in the other gap?

Latest

Trending

Trending