The Student Room Group

AQA AS Economics Exam 28/05/10 Discussion

How did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i found it quite easily actually, whizzed through the multiple choice and wrote quite a lot for the essay. went well and most people in my class thought the same :smile:
Reply 2
Not bad, not bad at all. Just needed a little bit more time...
Same as above really. Suppose with economics there aren't that many concepts to remember just about implementing the few concepts in different ways. I prefer unit 2 personally though.
Reply 4
Sherlock.H
Not bad, not bad at all. Just needed a little bit more time...

Yeah time is pretty tight, thats why I did the multiple choice in less than 20 minutes and then quick definition. Then you leave a lot of time for the longer questions.
on question 26, i said that the demand curve shifted inwards, what did you guys put
Reply 6
I did 27: showed demand curve shifting to left as houses less desirable due to negative externalities of noise pollution etc. Anyone else?
Reply 7
Yea, question 26, i shifted the demand curve in.
Good times!
Reply 8
is this question about the children's playing ground, because of it is i don't think aqa will penalize anyone because there are other answers you could have written down.

I said because there is a lot of land available, and that land is being turned into more houses then the prices of houses will go down as supply shifts to the Right.

Depends if you justified your reason so long as you are aware that there is not only 1 answer.
Reply 9
Also for the multiple choice, they have used some of the questions before, so it was kind of easy. Also the one with the ppf the answer is a and I asked the same question from a different past paper to my teacher, woo hoo so i know i am guaranteed a mark now 74 marks left to go !!!!!!
I shifted the demand curve inwards on Q26 as well.
Can anyone remember what the exact question was though cos I'm worried I might have read it wrong :/
Reply 11
I did q27, and for the diagram i shifted supply to the right
because there was more supply of houses, which
meant an extension in demand because the price of houses
fell. For question 27d what did people write?
Anyone else find the exam was too short?? :smile:)
Reply 12
I did question 27 for defining positive externalities...i said when the social benefits of a firms activity exceeds social costs, for example a beautiful view...is that wrong how many marks would i get???
Reply 13
Unrelated, but what was the D question on?
sam786111
I did question 27 for defining positive externalities...i said when the social benefits of a firms activity exceeds social costs, for example a beautiful view...is that wrong how many marks would i get???

never did aqa
what type of firm was it?
Reply 15
it said define positive externalities...thats it
Reply 16
part d was government policies to encourage childfren to exercise

Someone tell me if im right?!??!! about my positive externality
Q27D) just wondering can you class exercise as a merit good in a way? i wrote that its underproduced and underconsumed in a free mkt economy, and the government must intervene in order to raise consumption and production to the socially optimal level? is this correct? thanks
I thought positive externalites where when additional benefits were passed down to third parties, often in the form of merit goods (which are often overproduced).. i think your definition is right though
Reply 19
so would i get the 5 marks...and i gave an example aswell like a beautiful view??? defo 5 marks?

and for part D i evaluated subsidies ...positive advertising campaigns and maximum prices anyone else do this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending