The Student Room Group

Higher Chemistry 2010 Answers Thread -

Scroll to see replies

AyuuBB
Hydration is the addition of H2O though, it's adding HCL?

:rolleyes: I hope I didn't write that lol, I guess addition it is, it's adding an OH & Cl
anyone have a link to the answers?
Reply 582
garlicbreadman
depends on the boundary.

Some people think the boundaries will increase, I hope not. I am sure section A shud balance it out cos it was trickier than usual (cunning SQA chemistry employee)

I hope they don't lol :frown: I need a B for adv. higher lol...
Reply 583
Im NOT looking at it anymore and trying to work out my mark cos im gonna end up thinking ive failed lol. so ye not looking at this thread againnnn. lol
So how do people think they did on section B, i think ive lost like 20 marks on it and 7 on the multiple choice so that gives me bout 73% which i dont think will be enough for an A.
red_roses123
So how do people think they did on section B, i think ive lost like 20 marks on it and 7 on the multiple choice so that gives me bout 73% which i dont think will be enough for an A.

I worked out 40+/- 3-4 marks for section B, and 37 for section A
garlicbreadman

Do you think about 77% will be enough for an A...because the SQA have put it up to 78% before.
Reply 587
garlicbreadman

How did you figure that out?
AyuuBB
How did you figure that out?

Just went through the paper, only giving myself a mark if I was 98% sure I got it.

Hence the plus/minus 5 lol
Reply 589
garlicbreadman
Just went through the paper, only giving myself a mark if I was 98% sure I got it.

Hence the plus/minus 5 lol

Aw, I'm sure you did better than you expect! Our answers were very similar, hopefully we're both right :p:
AyuuBB
Aw, I'm sure you did better than you expect! Our answers were very similar, hopefully we're both right :p:

:yep:

i don't care as long as I get an A lol

Although an A band 1 sounds nice, I would rather get 5 band -2 A's cos most unis dnt look @ bands
Reply 591
garlicbreadman
:yep:

i don't care as long as I get an A lol

Although an A band 1 sounds nice, I would rather get 5 band -2 A's cos most unis dnt look @ bands

What SG grades did you get?
Kelz_26
What SG grades did you get?

int 2 french:A :eek:
int 2 English: A :biggrin: :eek:
SG Bio: 1
SG Chem: 1
SG Technological Studies: A
Bypassed maths
Bypassed modies
Reply 593
garlicbreadman
int 2 french:A :eek:
int 2 English: A :biggrin: :eek:
SG Bio: 1
SG Chem: 1
SG Technological Studies: A
Bypassed maths
Bypassed modies

That's really good. :smile: So what are you hoping to do at uni?
Kelz_26
That's really good. :smile: So what are you hoping to do at uni?

Medicine :frown: - so competitive but :eek3:
Reply 595
garlicbreadman
Medicine :frown: - so competitive but :eek3:

Well, good luck. I agree, very competitive but I'm sure you have a really good chance. :smile:
Reply 596
Personally the A grade boundary will most likely remain where it is because of the normal distribution curve. Most people I know are investing in new identities for when their parents see the results. Enough people drop loads of marks in the mc the sqa's hands will be tied.
I have the actual answers! They are B C C B B D A B A D B A B B D C A A A B C C A C A D D C D D B A B C B C B D D A .. hope this helps
singhasong93
anyone have a link to the answers?

I have the actual answers for MC! They are B C C B B D A B A D B A B B D C A A A B C C A C A D D C D D B A B C B C B D D A .. hope this helps
red_roses123
heres my multiple choice answers...whoever has theres put them up and then we can figure out the answers through power of deduction.

BCCBD BCBAD BABDD ACAAB ACACA DDCDD BABCB CACDA

I have the actual answers! They are B C C B B D A B A D B A B B D C A A A B C C A C A D D C D D B A B C B C B D D A .. hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending