Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
C ya there people. :wavey:

I'm in Unit 5, 2nd floor.
Reply 3
yay! more ppl at badock! *bounces*

was gettin worried for a small second there!
Reply 4
oneray
yay! more ppl at badock! *bounces*

was gettin worried for a small second there!

So was i. There are very few people going to Badock from :tsr: here at the moment. But a least there are a few now... and a few potential Badock members who are yet to get replies.
Reply 5
Hey guys, count me in a major Badock wannabe. I'd be delighted at this stage if I got a place. *dreams of the tennis and squash courts...* *...oh and the bar...*
Reply 6
HistoryBoy
Hey guys, count me in a major Badock wannabe. I'd be delighted at this stage if I got a place. *dreams of the tennis and squash courts...* *...oh and the bar...*

yeah - the bars just an afterthought i guess! :biggrin: hope you get in!
Reply 7
I was at Badock last year, and I had a great time. Any questions, feel free to ask me.
Reply 8
El Pollo Diablo
I was at Badock last year, and I had a great time. Any questions, feel free to ask me.

What kind of sizes are the smallest rooms? I was shown round a room that she said was 'medium to large in size'.

Also, did u get a washbasin?

Steve

PS i heard the food is crap, is that true?
Reply 9
HistoryBoy
What kind of sizes are the smallest rooms? I was shown round a room that she said was 'medium to large in size'.

Also, did u get a washbasin?

Steve

PS i heard the food is crap, is that true?

All the rooms I went in where quite a good size, especially compared with Hiatt Baker. They were around 8'x12', I'd say. I didn't have a washbasin myself, but it wasn't a problem at all.

Yeah, the food's nothing to write home about, although there was a bit of a revolt last January, and they improved after that. The portions are pretty generous too - and they're quite liberal in terms of what they let you take, like you can take as much fruit as you want etc.
Reply 10
Cheerz mate, i just hope they'll giv me a place now

Btw, how much is it to use the courts (tennis/squash) and are they in high demand?

Steve
Reply 11
It's free to use the courts. Squash courts get busiest around 7pm just after tea, but there's 4 of them so you shouldn't have to wait. (They were being done up at the start of last year, so there were only two in action at one point - lots of queues). But they're very nice and new now. Tennis obviously gets busiest around summer, especially in the post-exam period. But if you really want a court, and you're prepared to wait a bit, you'll get one.
Do you need to buy a sports pass though to use the squash courts?
Reply 13
El Pollo Diablo? It says in the handbook that they have Sky TV in the bar... i take it that includes Sky Sports, right? I will by able to watch Super Sunday and Champions League games in the Badock bar won't it? *prays*

And what kind of standard are the sports teams at Badock? Oh, and what exactly happens at the Sports Day on the openning weekend of freshers?

Oh and yeah, what are the different units like? Are some worse than others? Which unit would say it's best to be in? And what's unit 5 like more specifically?
Reply 14
sequence123
Do you need to buy a sports pass though to use the squash courts?

No, they're free (just like the tennis courts).
Reply 15
Phil_D
El Pollo Diablo? It says in the handbook that they have Sky TV in the bar... i take it that includes Sky Sports, right? I will by able to watch Super Sunday and Champions League games in the Badock bar won't it? *prays*

And what kind of standard are the sports teams at Badock? Oh, and what exactly happens at the Sports Day on the openning weekend of freshers?

Oh and yeah, what are the different units like? Are some worse than others? Which unit would say it's best to be in? And what's unit 5 like more specifically?

Yep, loads of sport on in the bar/the TV room, full Sky Digital subscription. You won't miss any. I got to watch Lincoln vs Macclesfield last year, which made me happy :biggrin:

Not sure about most of the teams, although when I was having a kickabout with my mates on the Downs, the Badock team came up, so we had an 11 a side game, and we held our own pretty well - they weren't bad though, and didn't seem to be overly serious about it.

The only difference between the units is, as far as I'm aware, that 1-5 (around the quad) don't have basins in the rooms and 6-10 do. Personally, I think you've done well in Unit 5. I was in Unit 3, and it wasn't an issue not having a wash basin. You do better around the quad in terms of location, I reckon. You're really close to the bar/dining hall/laundry, where as 6-10 have to walk up and down the hill to all that. It does mean you've got to walk up the steepest bit of Hollybush Lane in the morning though, which is a bit of a bitch.
Reply 16
El Pollo Diablo
Yep, loads of sport on in the bar/the TV room, full Sky Digital subscription. You won't miss any. I got to watch Lincoln vs Macclesfield last year, which made me happy :biggrin:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:party: Come on!!

@All football fans in Wills Hall > :aetsch:

El Pollo Diablo

The only difference between the units is, as far as I'm aware, that 1-5 (around the quad) don't have basins in the rooms and 6-10 do. Personally, I think you've done well in Unit 5. I was in Unit 3, and it wasn't an issue not having a wash basin. You do better around the quad in terms of location, I reckon. You're really close to the bar/dining hall/laundry, where as 6-10 have to walk up and down the hill to all that. It does mean you've got to walk up the steepest bit of Hollybush Lane in the morning though, which is a bit of a bitch.

That's strange. According to my Accommodation Contract i'm paying 3815.75 - which, according to my handbook, is the price for a room with a washbasin. But i am in Unit 5, 2nd floor, room 5210. Are you sure rooms 1-5 don't have washbasins? Or could it be Units 2-4 or 1-4 that don't have them? I dunno.
Reply 17
Phil_D
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:party: Come on!!

@All football fans in Wills Hall > :aetsch:

That's strange. According to my Accommodation Contract i'm paying 3815.75 - which, according to my handbook, is the price for a room with a washbasin. But i am in Unit 5, 2nd floor, room 5210. Are you sure rooms 1-5 don't have washbasins? Or could it be Units 2-4 or 1-4 that don't have them? I dunno.

How much?! Bloody hell. Daylight robbery.
In that case you're probably right, yeah. Never went in Unit 5 myself. It was probably just us paupers in 2-4 that didn't have them.
Im in Unit 1, how is that for location/washbasins etc?
Reply 19
El Pollo Diablo
How much?! Bloody hell. Daylight robbery.

I know... :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending