The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 1
fashion buying courses????????

woo...sounds like a new one. mmu's got everything huh
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
It's a pretty good place to be and has a good reputation. Manchester Met is right next to Manchester Uni too so the whole area has a nice studenty vibe. I'd recommend Manchester for students - you really can't beat it :smile:
Reply 3
I know Man Met gets a bad rep mainly JUST because it was an ex-poly and has quite low grade boundaries but I love the uni, the staff are friendly and helpful and all they want is for you to do well. In comparison to a lot of uni's at the moment it is doing very well! I'd say go for it!
Reply 4
Yeah Manchester is a cool city, and MMU is really modern. I go there right now, but my campus isn't in Manchester, unfortunately.. Also I heard it's good for fashion courses.
Reply 5
I was an undergrad at MMU and I liked it so much I am back there now doing my MSc. The staff have bent over backwards to help me (I have a disability) and on the whole the students are nice, I have had the odd run in with undergrads who don't think before they speak
MMU is great. Im in my first year doing history, the lecturers are very good and helpful, the course is facinating an the campus is really modern, and as a mancunian myself i can say manchester is a great place to be if your a student. (its got the biggest student population in the country)
quick question, eactly where do you stay if your doing an Accounting and Finance course???
Reply 8
Errrr .... good question.....may be at Aytoun campus? Think that is where the business school is - and I would imagine it is there? Its' near piccadilly so your close to a lot if I am right - i'm probably talking rubbish!
Reply 9
Accounting and finance is aytoun in the business school with people like me!! I love it there; in my first year and i have to say being part of the business school is probably one of the best things about being at mmu. Cant fault resources like library and ict facilites. Tutors are variable but open to suggestion generally so it is improving all the time. Mill point would be your closest halls i think and its pretty nice apparently.
fanks 4 dat, umm another question tho, any chance those flats at mill point (becuase il be doing accounting and finance) are for 1 person only or do you have to share with other students?
Reply 11
No text speak on these forums please. Thanks :smile:.
what dyo mean no text speak?
Reply 13
You have your own room and ensuite and then you share a kitchen with 5 others generally i think. Thats about as good as its going to get unless you get your own place (like me!).
SexyKe
You have your own room and ensuite and then you share a kitchen with 5 others generally i think. Thats about as good as its going to get unless you get your own place (like me!).

yeah thats just it, i want my own place, but have no clue about manchester. i mean il be going to the business school cos il be doing accounting and finance but want my own place. any ideas where to look???
Reply 15
MMU is great for art and design
the recent student satisfaction survey 2005 mark MMU 3.8 (when nottingham trent 3.7, brighton 3.6 and UAL 3.5)

www.tqi.ac.uk to see the full detail :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending