The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi , i got into Reading as my insurance and i was garenteed accomodation but like you i still don't know exactly what it is. I will get a space in halls but it might be awful. Look at it this way you can be put on a waiting list and it Really won't take long for you too get something more ideal.
Reply 2
I'm in temporary accommodation at Reading during Fresher's week :-s Apparantly its 'very likely' that spaces will come up in that week. Really hope so!
Reply 3
I would think you would still get a place in halls especially if you act fast. But really, wherever you end up its the effort you put into making friends and meeting people that will decide how happy you are and not where u live. I know of some people who were in halls, never spoke anything more than a grunt to anyone and had no friends, and one person who lived with their mum and dad way out of town away from everyone and yet is one of the most party-hard popular girls on a night out. Join societies, talk to people on your course, make friends with whoever you end up with and it'll be just as great, dont worry!
Reply 4
I missed the offer of my firm uni, but they offered me a place through clearing on another course. I got my accomodation through the other day and i got my first choice. This is because i held the uni as my first choice in the first place, and also cus i bugged the hell out of the residences office until i got wot i wanted :p:
Just dont worry- ull c from loads of people that where ever u end up, u'll love so much that u'll be wonderin ''y was i worryin in the first place?''
U might just be lucky like i was!
xxx
Reply 5
This one depends entirely on the institution, i'm afraid...

Latest

Trending

Trending