The Student Room Group

AQA Core 3 - June 11th 2010

How's the revision going?

What are you hoping for?

I've done the majority of past papers since 2005 and getting >95% so should be okay.

Buzzin' lad!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Jeester
How's the revision going?

What are you hoping for?

I've done the majority of past papers since 2005 and getting >95% so should be okay.

Buzzin' lad!

I can never seem to get mid 90%. Always scrape it. :frown:
Any tips?

Reply 2
I am feeling completely helpless.....havent done..one paper and am struggling to remember identities and integrals. Two days for intense revision... Any1 got any tips for me
Reply 3
c0nfus3d
I can never seem to get mid 90%. Always scrape it. :frown:
Any tips?

"Don't be a serial "c" dropper"
Though looking on the mark scheme they don't usually care.
Reply 4
Jeester

LOL. Surprisingly I'm not :p:
I'll do a past paper now and see what I get :biggrin:
Reply 5
Va_Va_ Voom
I am feeling completely helpless.....havent done..one paper and am struggling to remember identities and integrals. Two days for intense revision... Any1 got any tips for me

- Do the past papers on the AQA website, as many as you can. It gets you used to the kind of questions they ask and you'll notice after doing a few that some of the questions are VERY similar.
- Mark them. I know it sounds obvious, but marking them is extremely helpful, not just to know where you're going wrong but it also gets you used to how they want you to answer the questions.
I've currently done 2 past papers. Even though I haven't read up on anything yet. Managed to get over 80% each time.

I'm just hoping for 80%+ as I got 69% last time. =/
Gonna do about 5 or 6 more in the next 2 days.
Reply 7
Finished with revision, just doing past papers now.
I hope the paper on Friday isn't too difficult as sometimes they throw in some really dodgy questions. Past papers have really helped as before I was dreading the exam but now I feel really confident. I got an A on core 1 and a B on core 2 so I want a C on core 3 and a D on core 4 .
Reply 8
This is a retake for me, I was demolishing the past papers in January too and then completely flopped the exam (I say that but I got 82 UMS which was surprising but I am aiming for a*).
Reply 9
I've done 1 paper and got 85% but I didn't revise at all. I don't know how cause I didn't understand parts of it so I guess it was just an easy one... loooooads of work to do.
Reply 10
I need some help!

I was just marking June '07 and I got to the final part of the last question:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/qp-ms/AQA-MPC3-W-MS-JUN07.PDF
You are supposed to use radian mode when doing this question but I did it in degrees, how do I know to use radions instead?

Thanks guys.
Lucibell
- Do the past papers on the AQA website, as many as you can. It gets you used to the kind of questions they ask and you'll notice after doing a few that some of the questions are VERY similar.
- Mark them. I know it sounds obvious, but marking them is extremely helpful, not just to know where you're going wrong but it also gets you used to how they want you to answer the questions.

Do u think whats left off 2day and 2morrow would be enough for a b
Jeester
I need some help!

I was just marking June '07 and I got to the final part of the last question:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/qp-ms/AQA-MPC3-W-MS-JUN07.PDF
You are supposed to use radian mode when doing this question but I did it in degrees, how do I know to use radions instead?

Thanks guys.

When using identities and functions like tan^2x then it's in radians. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.. Plus it might have said somewhere else in the question or given hints.

Va_Va_ Voom

I've just started today and I've done 3 papers in total getting over 80% each time and only losing marks to silly mistake which I'm sure to remember for Friday.

Just get as many papers as possible done. Making sure to mark them as you go and make sure you understand where and why you are losing the marks.

Do this for tonight and all of tomorrow and you should be able to pull off roughly the same grades you're getting in these past papers.:yep:
Here's the Jan 2010 paper that some of us did with the mark scheme!

Enjoy. :biggrin:
Reply 14
All i can say is thank god for graphical calculators! Plus mine does definate integration, which is very helpful! :P
I've also found that i do better if i start with the last question and work backwards because the questions i need more focus with i have the most concentration on :smile:
Reply 15
Jeester

I got 96%! :biggrin: In a June 2005 paper!! Got an integration by parts question wrong though...no idea why. :s-smilie:
I've just started today and I've done 3 papers in total getting over 80% each time and only losing marks to silly mistake which I'm sure to remember for Friday.

Just get as many papers as possible done. Making sure to mark them as you go and make sure you understand where and why you are losing the marks.

Do this for tonight and all of tomorrow and you should be able to pull off roughly the same grades you're getting in these past papers.:yep:

Thanks for that right now its actually taking me 20 mins in understanding each question and am using the book to help me ohhh am ******
Va_Va_ Voom

Thanks for that right now its actually taking me 20 mins in understanding each question and am using the book to help me ohhh am ******

Try just scrolling through the book. Reading the little example things at the start of each topic and making sure you understand the worked examples. Maybe write some notes on the key things you need to remember for each chapter. Like the identities or certain integration rules etc etc.
Reply 18
Va_Va_ Voom

If you work hard enough and you're relatively clever, probably. Do a paper using the book/online for help first to see what bits you need to go over, then just do papers one after another. :smile:
Reply 19
c0nfus3d
I got 96%! :biggrin: In a June 2005 paper!! Got an integration by parts question wrong though...no idea why. :s-smilie:

Integration by parts is by far, a mon avis, the hardest part of Core 3.
I always make silly slips.
But well done mucker!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending