The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jon being dead forever now would make absolutely no sense.

Especially considering he is Azar Ahai
I think Stannis is dead sadly. If Jon hadn't gone in the same episode (definitely gonna come back) then maybe but they aren't going to show 4 'deaths' and keep them all alive next season.
Reply 7982
Is Myrcella dead?

Lol that's 5 potential deaths of major characters that may or may not have happened in one episode...
OK here we go...

so the 'newest edition' to the kings guard is zombie mountain?? is this who they call ser robert strong? does this mean the 'Cleganebowl' theory that the folks at Reddit have spoiled for me is gonna happen?? :eek: hoooooooomygod season 6 will set the world on fire I'm telling you!!!! this show is too much I swear, ok what else.... Jon snow -___- you must be a fool to think he's really dead (although this is GOT so anything is actually possible) but I really hope Melisandra will resurrect him with r'hollor's powers or however you spell his name
Original post by cBay
Is Myrcella dead?

Lol that's 5 potential deaths of major characters that may or may not have happened in one episode...

The Bolton fight was the lamest thing i've ever seen. We didn't even get to see the Roose loose.
Reply 7985
I've only read up to book 3 because I prefer to watch things first THEN read them (the other way round you always end up disappointed). Am I right in thinking that for most story arcs, the show has now caught up with the books? I'm tempted to start reading a Feast of Crows now that my exams are over...
I'd be really happy if there is no rebirth/ didn't really die at start of next season but not all of the characters will be dead. It's just lazy writing and make game of thrones a more generic fantasy story.
They'll never know it was her that caused it. Before either of them could get to it, it might be all out war with Dorne. Doran might do the honours instead. Although Tyene might have slipped Bronn the antidote so it remains to be seen

Lol they are going to the wall. The greyjoys won't happen anymore

Hope Stannis the mannis lives

Cersei's story will be interesting. Cleganebowl speculated

Arya did the most stupid thing, you just don't break the code. She will be fine because I presume she was taken by the faceless men knowing this would happen.
Only reason Stannis was killed off was so that the writers could have a story to tell. They wanted to protect Westeros from his wrath. If they left Stannis alive, it would have been the end of the story pretty soon.

Stannis The Mannis
Original post by whorace
The Bolton fight was the lamest thing i've ever seen. We didn't even get to see the Roose loose.

I think it was meant to be. It was supposed to be an absolute slaughter in favour of the Boltons.

Original post by cBay
I've only read up to book 3 because I prefer to watch things first THEN read them (the other way round you always end up disappointed). Am I right in thinking that for most story arcs, the show has now caught up with the books? I'm tempted to start reading a Feast of Crows now that my exams are over...

100% of the story arcs are caught up with now.
Original post by jamiep151
I'd be really happy if there is no rebirth/ didn't really die at start of next season but not all of the characters will be dead. It's just lazy writing and make game of thrones a more generic fantasy story.

For Jon Snow it makes perfect sense and so can't really be considered lazy writing.

Stannis, I doubt will still be alive.

Theon and Sansa clearly would have survived anyway.

generic fantasy is usually good vs evil

GoT has never been about that
Original post by Zander01
For Jon Snow it makes perfect sense and so can't really be considered lazy writing.

Stannis, I doubt will still be alive.

Theon and Sansa clearly would have survived anyway.

It wouldn't be an ex machina as it has been set up but is still lazy. Jon is a super super typical protag to kill him and bring him back as the Prince that was Promised would be so so boring.

Theon and Sansa won't be dead.
Original post by S-man10
generic fantasy is usually good vs evil

GoT has never been about that

I agree which is what has been good about GoT, but bringing Jon back in particular would be a huge step in the cookie cutter direction.
It wouldn't be an ex machina as it has been set up but is still lazy. Jon is a super super typical protag to kill him and bring him back as the Prince that was Promised would be so so boring.

Theon and Sansa won't be dead.

It's the only way he can be free from his Nights Watch duty and become free. After all his vows don't end until he is dead...
well that was...dramatic...not sure what to think, so many cliffhangers, so many deaths...:eek:
Original post by Zander01
I thought that when they were washing her but how did they pull off the full body shots when walking through the street?

Apparently the whole walk of shame cost them $200,000
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

100% of the story arcs are caught up with now.

Not quite, book readers are still ahead in bravos, a little bit ahead in Kings landing and Winterfell.

There's also the many cut things like ironborn that they may do next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They left everything all over the place with that finale. So many questions! Now it's another years wait sadly :frown:

Spoiler

so jon to warg into olly lel

Latest