The Student Room Group

Opinion on S/O watching graphic shows?

Found out recently that my partner has watched / watches graphic shows.

For detail, I don't watch any series as I tend to stay away from all that due to the violence, graphic content, curse words.
To make it also clear I am an adult so please don't say I am immature or anything.

Also for reference she had a go at me the other day for watching anime and there was one scene in the anime where a girl was wearing a bikini to which she reacted with 'you watch that kind of stuff' which makes 0 sense to the below:

The fact she has watched the following:
- riverdale
- game of thrones
- euphoria

you name it she has watched it and then also consistently tells me she is not into athletic bodies or anything yet obsesses over this male singer and was screaming and going crazy at their concert (meanwhile I am not allowed to go to any concert if its a female singer).

Whats your opinion on this?
It's making me feel uncomfortable knowing she watches this kind of stuff and then has the audacity to say those things...
Am I just delusional or how do i get over this?
Reply 1
I was wondering what you were going to define as 'graphic shows', but watching those puts your partner in with millions of other people who have done the same. Same as going a bit crazy at a concert.

It's not the content of TV that's an issue, it's the content of the relationship where there's elements of jealousy and control. Look deeper.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
I was wondering what you were going to define as 'graphic shows', but watching those puts your partner in with millions of other people who have done the same. Same as going a bit crazy at a concert.
It's not the content of TV that's an issue, it's the content of the relationship where there's elements of jealousy and control. Look deeper.

So are you saying I’m in the wrong to feel this way?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
So are you saying I’m in the wrong to feel this way?

Faults on both sides.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Faults on both sides.

So what would you recommend?
Reply 5
I honestly don't see how I am being controlling or jealous?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending