Scroll to see replies

Basically I am not really sure I will get in, here is a summary:

My predictions are 5 A*'s for A2
Ukcat was 795.5
Loads of work experience- 3 placements abroad and 2 in Uk
3 years volunteering in hospital and nursing home
GSCE's-14 A*'s and 1 A:mad:
Grade 7 piano and bassoon

Im a bit worried, what do you think my chances are? Because everyone I know applying have better achievements than me :frown: :frown: :frown:
Poor effort.
Reallyyyyy???? oh man should I do more work experience?
yeh u need more experience otherwise they will just reject you straight away because you dont have very strong gcses
not great tbh
No im quite serious
normandorp
yeh u need more experience otherwise they will just reject you straight away because you dont have very strong gcses

Ok but the max number of GCSE's you could do at my school was 14 so i couldnt do anymore :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
I have to go and revise more now
o wot a surprise another one of these ******* threads
Reply 1589
From the academic side you look pretty good, and with regards to experience you are competitive too!

But if I was an admissions tutor, I would want to look at you record of team work, your background knowledge to Medicine and your motivation to do medicine in your personal statement.

The matter of the fact is that your academic score won't make up for any weakness you might have over other areas. I know this as I had pretty much the same academic result last year, and I was rejected from all four unis (and only one post interview).

Conclusion, work hard on your personal statement, and work hard for your interviews.
Yep :yep: Thought i smelt a :troll: :troll:
sorry mate, the only hope you've got is being a garageman.... barely.... you need to take at least 43 more gcses.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1592
koolbhoy
Yep :yep: Thought i smelt a :troll: :troll:

Do you know what the funny thing is, you have a better chance of getting into medicine because Scottish Unis prefer Scottish Highers and give more offers to those than standard A levels.
Quite a poor effort, troll.

3/10
pinky1993
Ok but the max number of GCSE's you could do at my school was 14 so i couldnt do anymore :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

How silly are you? You have pretty much every grade at an A*, a killer UKCAT and decent work experience - are you really asking that question? Or do you just lack common sense? If you apply to the right universities you have a very good chance. good luck, but jeese...
felt_monkey
Quite a poor effort, troll.

3/10

quite a generous score, you could see it was a troll easily...

i'd say 1.5/10
Presidential
not great tbh

I detest your sig :fuhrer:

Move Malcolm into the centre now :p:
Hopefully not.
Reply 1598
Very Bad academic info, if you want to apply for Medicine...I guess you could get better Scores/Grades.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
I should :shoot: the OP for this ultra :troll: post.

Go and shove your achievements in your ass. You know you have a great chance. Stop asking stupid questions.

With all that you have "achieved" you ought to have more intelligence than go on an internet forum to brag.

Bitch.

Latest

Trending

Trending