The Student Room Group

For those who are thinking of taking an access course...

Hardest nine months of my entire life but most definitely worth it. When the tutors tell you it's not an easy option, believe me they're right. I've just completed my course (Humanities) and i'm off to Glamorgan to study my LLB. If you're thinking of it then go for it!! Seriously the best decision i've ever made to go back into education, lots and lots of hard work, sometimes feel like you're not getting anywhere but trust me it's worth it in the end and you're never too old to learn!
Reply 1
Happily ended story bro
I concur :smile:
Reply 3
I Passed my initial assesment and will be starting a combined access course in history and eng lit :biggrin: i'll make sure to keep ontop of the work and not let it build up
I'm thinking of doing one when I'm a bit older. What are they like in comparison to A Levels?
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I'm thinking of doing one when I'm a bit older. What are they like in comparison to A Levels?

I found it slightly easier, but there's a lot more work, if that makes sense.
kiss_me_now9
I found it slightly easier, but there's a lot more work, if that makes sense.

OK. Is it fine to cope with though, or does it ever get a bit too much at time?
Reply 7
If you had no other commitments except the course you'll be fine but at the start of the course i was working 20 hours a week as well as trying to keep on top of everything, much easier when i handed my notice in

Latest

Trending

Trending