The Student Room Group

Applying for University

Well I am an international student and I have just finished my first year of IB. I am currently in the process of deciding which Universities to apply for.

I am going to apply for Business and Management courses as well as a Law and Business Studies course in Warwick. My previous Mock Grades I have attained 37 points out of 42. My predicted grade is 37 as well (excluding the 3 bonus points), but I am hoping to boost it up to a 38 as my biology teacher is deciding whether to predict me a 5 or a 6.

The Subjects I take are:
HL Philosophy: Level 7
HL Business and management: Level 6
HL A1 English: Level 6
SL Chinese: Level 6
SL Math Studies: Level 7
SL Biology: Level 5

For my GCSE's, I got:
PE: A*
Chinese: A*
Media Studies: A*
Maths: A
History: A
English Language: B
English Literature: B
Science (Double Awards): BB
Economics: B

I currently have a list of the universities I am interested in which are:
Warwick - Law and Business Studies
Kings College - Business Management
Nottingham- Business Management
Southampton - Business Management
York - Business Management
Durham - Business Managemenet

The one I really want to get into is Warwick, for the Law and Business Studies course, where they ask for 36-38 points in IB and AAB for A-levels, which is somewhat easier compared to their pure business courses where they ask for a solid 38 points and A*AA for A-levels.

I have emailed all the schools that I am interested in regarding the fact that I take Maths Studies, and they all approved the subject as Business is a very general course.

Do you reckon my grades could get me into the schools I want to get into, especially for Warwick? And are there any other suggestions as to where I should apply for?
Reply 1
I would say you have a chance, since I have a friend who got offers from Warwick, Kings, Bath, Exeter and Manchester with similar grades as you.

Furthermore I tend to believe being an international student would be an advantage.

Try to perhaps get some work experience or something as it would certainly look good in your CV.
Reply 2
Oh, and I forgot to add, my friend does maths studies as well, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending