The Student Room Group

Ucas application- PLEASE HELP

this might be a dumb question but can someone help me out? I already sent my ucas application in September (deadline is Jan 31) my question is can I add another uni to my application? If not can I apply directly though the university and not through ucas? I want to apply to Portsmouth directly though the school and was wondering if I can still do that despite me already sending off my ucas application
(edited 5 months ago)
Have you applied to five universities through your UCAS application already?
Reply 2
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Have you applied to five universities through your UCAS application already?

I applied to 5, just got rejected by 1 though :c
Original post by Hootenberry

Are you an international fee paying applicant?

Then you cannot apply to any more universities through UCAS. I'm sorry to hear of your rejection; best of luck for the other four applications! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Then you cannot apply to any more universities through UCAS. I'm sorry to hear of your rejection; best of luck for the other four applications! :smile:

No it’s not through ucas. It’s through the university itself. I know I can’t apply to more universities through ucas but what I’m asking is can I apply through the uni? The process does not involve ucas at all
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Are you an international fee paying applicant?

No. I sent my application already with 5 choices. Can I apply to another university through their school which does not involve ucas?
Reply 7
No. I sent my application already with 5 choices. Can I apply to another university through their school which does not involve ucas?

I think it has to be on UCAS, but don't quote me on that. Best of luck on your other applications however.

Universities generally are not able to receive direct applications from home fees students.

The exceptions are basically certain part-time courses - Birkbeck and the OU for example.

Your options are most likely UCAS Extra or UCAS Clearing, if you end up with no offers from your other options :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)

Universities that accept direct applications outside ucas will only normally accept them from international fee payers.

Why did you apply so early?

If you don’t get any offers then you can apply to Portsmouth (or elsewhere) using ucas extra from February
No it’s not through ucas. It’s through the university itself. I know I can’t apply to more universities through ucas but what I’m asking is can I apply through the uni? The process does not involve ucas at all

Universities contracts with ucas means that all applications for full time undergraduate degrees have to go through ucas eventually. Even if they are sent initially directly to the university or through the common app.
Hellooo quick question I’m from Ireland so not entirely familiar with ucas but for the reference section can I use a coworker? I graduated secondary school in 2022 so can’t use a teacher unfortunately
Original post by Oatmilklattepls
Hellooo quick question I’m from Ireland so not entirely familiar with ucas but for the reference section can I use a coworker? I graduated secondary school in 2022 so can’t use a teacher unfortunately

Some guidance on how to choose a referee and the requirements here:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

Two years is recent enough that I suspect all your choices will ask for an academic reference. It's likey your school should still be holding one on record for you though.
Reply 13
use ucas extra when it opens
You can directly apply, however, it does affect your ucas offers! Or you can change one of your subjects. It should be under ‘withdraw’ I believe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending