The Student Room Group

University Help

Hi, for context, I'm a Y13 student studying Law, Economics and Mathematics at A level. I'm predicted A*, A*, A.

I'm interested in studying Law at university, and I am applying to Oxford, Southampton and UCL.

Furthermore, I am also interested in studying at universities in Australia. I was curious if there was a limit to how many universities that I could apply to if I were to apply directly, or if there's a more standardised procedure for this.

I'd also find it helpful if anyone had any suggestions for good universities in Australia.

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi, the applications are done through UCAS. Normally you'd sign up with your school and would upload your personal statement and predicted grades there. The school is also responsible for uploading some information too. You can apply to five universities and UCAS sends your applications to them. There's deadlines for when the universities want the application by and sometimes the school has their own deadlines too. I'm not sure how it is for overseas universities but I think the process should be the same.
Also have you begun preparing for the LNAT? I'm not sure about Southampton but UCL and Cambridge definitely require it.
Reply 2
Original post by maheen001
Hi, the applications are done through UCAS. Normally you'd sign up with your school and would upload your personal statement and predicted grades there. The school is also responsible for uploading some information too. You can apply to five universities and UCAS sends your applications to them. There's deadlines for when the universities want the application by and sometimes the school has their own deadlines too. I'm not sure how it is for overseas universities but I think the process should be the same.
Also have you begun preparing for the LNAT? I'm not sure about Southampton but UCL and Cambridge definitely require it.

Thank you for the response, yes, I have made a UCAS application and my school has also worked on my application with references and everything. Yes, I've already signed up for the LNAT as well. I'm mostly curious about the overseas applications, and I'm unsure if I can do 5 UCAS applications in the UK and also apply overseas. I have tried researching a bit, but there's not a lot of clear information about this.
Reply 3
Original post by Darren090909
Thank you for the response, yes, I have made a UCAS application and my school has also worked on my application with references and everything. Yes, I've already signed up for the LNAT as well. I'm mostly curious about the overseas applications, and I'm unsure if I can do 5 UCAS applications in the UK and also apply overseas. I have tried researching a bit, but there's not a lot of clear information about this.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/studying-overseas-university
I'll try looking for other sources too, but I found this link. I don't know if it will apply to your case or not though. I will ask other people if they have an idea also. Goodluck!!
Reply 4
Original post by maheen001
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/studying-overseas-university
I'll try looking for other sources too, but I found this link. I don't know if it will apply to your case or not though. I will ask other people if they have an idea also. Goodluck!!

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. I'll just apply to 5 UCAS applications and apply to any Australian Universities through a direct application (hopefully I don't run into any complications lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending