The Student Room Group

Where are all the Swedes???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
naivesincerity
True, it's a shame if everywhere gets Americanised. Do all the other Scandinavian countries feel as though they're becoming too anglicised/americanised?

another thing, i had a british teacher once (in IB, he was from sctoland) and he once said that he hated that swedes sometimes used words like i love you, **** you etc. without thinking cause they had no real meaning to them.

and i think it is true. i love you in swedish is something you don't say as easily, but in english it is just a phrase.
Reply 1581
naivesincerity
True, it's a shame if everywhere gets Americanised. Do all the other Scandinavian countries feel as though they're becoming too anglicised/americanised?

well actually i think it's a bit hard to say. sure influences from america comes all the time through tv, music and stuff but thing is that there are the people who likes and looks up to america and the ones who dislikes and want nothing to do with america. the latter group might have become a bit bigger during the last couple of years :rolleyes:
I was trying to think of famous Swedish bands. I can think of Ace of Base, The Cardigans and ABBA. And The Similou. That's all.
Reply 1583
naivesincerity
I was trying to think of famous Swedish bands. I can think of Ace of Base, The Cardigans and ABBA. And The Similou. That's all.

the hives, hammerfall.....
similou?!
Reply 1584
_EMMA_
another thing, i had a british teacher once (in IB, he was from sctoland) and he once said that he hated that swedes sometimes used words like i love you, **** you etc. without thinking cause they had no real meaning to them.

and i think it is true. i love you in swedish is something you don't say as easily, but in english it is just a phrase.

I've had two teachers from England they were both great :biggrin:

yeah but i think that it's got to do with that it's a secondary language. i have always though that when you say something in your mothertongue it has a much deeper meaning than in other languages. Same with french, those are just words that i don't consider to have the same meaning..sort of:s-smilie:
_EMMA_
the hives, hammerfall.....
similou?!

Never heard of them--gonna look them up!
Reply 1586
Ankan
well actually i think it's a bit hard to say. sure influences from america comes all the time through tv, music and stuff but thing is that there are the people who likes and looks up to america and the ones who dislikes and want nothing to do with america. the latter group might have become a bit bigger during the last couple of years :rolleyes:

*we're not living in america and we're not sorry....*

the sounds, another swedish band.
Reply 1587
Ankan
I've had two teachers from England they were both great :biggrin:

yeah but i think that it's got to do with that it's a secondary language. i have always though that when you say something in your mothertongue it has a much deeper meaning than in other languages. Same with french, those are just words that i don't consider to have the same meaning..sort of:s-smilie:

yes i think so to.
Reply 1588
naivesincerity

Roxette someone has to remember them :p:
Millencolin
naivesincerity

Metal? There are plenty of excellent bands... In Flames, Pain Of salvation, Bathory, Cradle Of Filth, Dark Tranquility, Sabaton... sure I am missing loads out...
Reply 1590
_EMMA_
*we're not living in america and we're not sorry....*

the sounds, another swedish band.

I want to say the Ark but no one knows who they are
The Knife
Ankan

Agreed:biggrin:
Reply 1592
Ankan
I want to say the Ark but no one knows who they are
The Knife

not yet anyway....

the eurovision will change that, don't know if it is a good or a bad thing though:s-smilie:
Ankan
Roxette someone has to remember them :p:
Millencolin

I recall Roxette, I'm going to have my dose of Swede-rock and look all these bands up on youtube:smile:
Reply 1594
_EMMA_
not yet anyway....

the eurovision will change that, don't know if it is a good or a bad thing though:s-smilie:

That's true they won... hmmm ah well :smile:

Electricbanana band :cool:

sorry couldn't help myslef :redface:
Reply 1595
Ankan
That's true they won... hmmm ah well :smile:

Electricbanana band :cool:

sorry couldn't help myslef :redface:

haha, basshunter!
didn't someone post the english version of boten anna here? or on tsr i mean?
Reply 1596
_EMMA_
haha, basshunter!
didn't someone post the english version of boten anna here? or on tsr i mean?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not Botten Anna last summer was a h** because of that song i wanted to change my name :eek:
Cheers you three, goodnight.
Reply 1598
naivesincerity
Cheers you three, goodnight.

g'night hope it helped you :wavey:
Reply 1599
I love Swedish people.

Quick Reply

Latest