The Student Room Group

eng lang paper 1 question 5 structure for description?

please can someone give me a structure to use for the descriptive writing in section b?
Reply 1
Original post by ebony_7
please can someone give me a structure to use for the descriptive writing in section b?

Hello, I can pass on my teachers structure that she has taught my class (top set). To plan for both story and description, as they are all marked in the same way, use the rise and fall plan. One paragraph where everything is seemingly good, another two where there begins some conflicts (eg a character at a funfair drops their ice cream) and a forth where there is a type of resolution (like the character dives to save their ice cream or someone buys them another). Finally a fifth would describe the setting where everything is seemingly good again. Within this describe all five senses and also directly state the question once in your writing. Using the ice cream example and a question “describe… when disappointed”, you could say ‘her face was painted with disappointment as the ice cream plummeted to the ground below’. Hope this helped and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending