The Student Room Group
Reply 1
eiπ+1=0e^{i \pi} + 1 = 0 :p:
Reply 2
dknt

Is 2-10 lines depending on where you start.

You're not being asked to do a 10 page piece of uni standard maths, you're being asked to do a 10 page report about a topic in mathematics with correct referencing etc. This isn't "write a really hard equation then solve it", I don't think I've ever done any maths that took me 10 pages to do 1 question or proof. Typed I max out at about 2 pages. So, it's more of a broad look at a branch, not actually doing maths. I would like to say at this point that this is stupid, but, ideas for a topic I can think of:

Cryptography: Look at bletchley park, then RSA encryption then if you're still short schloer's(sp?) algorithm and quantum computing.

Prime Numbers: Euclid and the Riemann Hypothesis

Geometry: Euclid's elements, then non-euclidian geometry, general relativity.

Game Theory
Reply 3
JoMo1
Is 2-10 lines depending on where you start.

You're not being asked to do a 10 page piece of uni standard maths, you're being asked to do a 10 page report about a topic in mathematics with correct referencing etc. This isn't "write a really hard equation then solve it", I don't think I've ever done any maths that took me 10 pages to do 1 question or proof. Typed I max out at about 2 pages. So, it's more of a broad look at a branch, not actually doing maths. I would like to say at this point that this is stupid, but, ideas for a topic I can think of:

Cryptography: Look at bletchley park, then RSA encryption then if you're still short schloer's(sp?) algorithm and quantum computing.

Prime Numbers: Euclid and the Riemann Hypothesis

Geometry: Euclid's elements, then non-euclidian geometry, general relativity.

Game Theory

I had similar ideas to you aswell as chaos theory, tapology.
Reply 4
dknt

Yep Euler's work.

Latest