The Student Room Group

Usain bolt: Fastest man in the world!

He is so fast. He has the endurance and agility to sprint like no other. Is he naturally born like this or did he train himself to be like this? This conjures up the age old argument: ''nature versus nurture''.

In my opinion, i think it is a God given talent. He doesn't put all his effort in sprinting but he is still the fastest in the world, what if he does, he could be even faster than he is? Wow, he is like a robot programmed to win any race he competes in.

Scroll to see replies

You have good knowledge on him. Too bad you don't know how to spell his name.
keep up love
Reply 3
He's just awesome. I hope he doesn't quit for ages yet.
What's faster than a speeding bullet?

No not a jew with a coupon you racist *******. Usain Bolt of course.
It's because of the length of his stride - his technique has been proved to be fairly poor and his start isn't fantastic, but when he gets going nobody can beat him...yet.
Reply 7
ritchie888

rofl :yep:
Reply 8
Nurture.
You can't be born fast.
You can be born with characteristics to make you fast but then it's upto yourself to train and stay healthy and fit..
Reply 9
Zeento
There was a documentary about him on tv today. You would have liked it..

I saw that back in May, the night before the Great Manchester Run. I think it does prove he's got so much talent- considering how many bad points Johnson could point out! Fair enough he could easily keep improving and keep getting faster just by twiddling bits here and there, but I must admit I really didn't like Johnson's whole 'must run perfect, must train on time, must keep going' attitude. I think Bolt's proved that athletics doesn't have to be all science!

Personally, I believe you can get as far as you like with enough training. Everyone is born to run- it's in our nature, it's a survival instinct. I know a 45 year old woman who could hardly run 1 minute 5 years ago and is now banging out 85 minute halfs, 30 minute 10k's and sub 20 5k! She won't get to the Olympics, no, but she's definitely given me inspiration!
On a pro level it's pretty much all nature. The training programs of the top sprinters are virtually identical; they are all at their best.
You just watch Michael Johnson's documentary?

He thinks he can go faster - he apparently has an inefficient running style, so if he sorts that out, he can go faster!!
Reply 12
Vanny17
He is so fast. He has the endurance and agility to sprint like no other. Is he naturally born like this or did he train himself to be like this? This conjures up the age old argument: ''nature versus nurture''.

In my opinion, i think it is a God given talent. He doesn't put all his effort in sprinting but he is still the fastest in the world, what if he does, he could be even faster than he is? Wow, he is like a robot programmed to win any race he competes in.

He does, trust me. It's so, so easy to make it look like he does. His leg speed barely slows when he 'shows off' and it doesn't make more than 0.05 difference to his time.
Also, he's obviously talented, at a young age he won the world juniors 400m title, and went sub 20 really really young. Undoubtedly he must train hard, but most of it is talent.
However, Asafa P for the win.. He will do it (hopefully).
Reply 13
ritchie888

Wow, that is all you can come up with after my reasonable 'knowledge' of him. Ever heard of typo error?. I have corrected it as it bothers you so much.
Reply 14
Reply 15
miranda-ae
keep up love

My cat's faster...:smile:
probably not atm...him and tyson gay are pretty close - both having their own injuries to contend with.
Reply 18
Zeento
There was a documentary about him on tv today. You would have liked it..

I watched it. I loved the documentary. He is so humble and lively. He just does it for fun which is breathtakingly awesome.
Reply 19
This is new news?

Latest

Trending

Trending