The Student Room Group

Speed camera: was I caught

I was going 40 mph about 40 meters before a 40mph zone in a 30mph zone and there was a parked police car near by; i was wondering if police officers carry speed guns or is it just the vans who carry them. I also got the impreesion she was waiting for another police car as on past me 500 meters or so ahead.

I'm pretty sure I was caught. Dam it.:mad: :frown:
Reply 1
From what i believe if they use the hand held gun in the car, they have to pull you over then?

They can only send them in the post from the ones that are in the van, or from the perm ones.

Not 100% sure tho.
Reply 2
Jonpickles
From what i believe if they use the hand held gun in the car, they have to pull you over then?

They can only send them in the post from the ones that are in the van, or from the perm ones.

Not 100% sure tho.

This is true, police cars have to pull you over on the spot if they catch you speeding. Only the permanent and van based cameras send the fine through the post.
Reply 3
Jonpickles

Not 100% sure tho.

If they're Traffic Units, they would give chase and pull someone over if they exceed the speed limit. If they're Safety Camera Units (in vans), the penalty notice would be sent after the numberplate and speed has been captured, and they would usually be front-facing (from the back doors)
Reply 4
I think the radar guns can be used to send a nip through the post but all the ones like that I've seen the person operating it has been stood up with the camera (with the camera on a tripod normally).

If they were in the car I'd suspect your ok but don't count on it. The NIP (notice of intention to prosecute) has to be sent to the main addresses registered for the vehicle in 14 days so you'll know soon enough.
Reply 5
You've all made my day.
Reply 6
If it arrives in the post in the next few days, you've been caught, so pay up immediately. More likely you'll never hear anything more about it.
Reply 7
Original post by jo62
You've all made my day.

what came of this? Similar situation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending