The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is virtually all of the north west missed out? Cheshire, Liverpool, Wirral, Chester, Merseyside.....
Do places like Jersey and Guernsey count? I'd say they're nice. If not then err... ooh. I dunno. I've not been to everywhere in the UK so I couldn't possibly say. I like where I live though - leafy suburbs not too far away from the city centre if I need to go there, but quiet enough.
I live in Newcastle and would have to agree it's an amazing city however, once you have lived here 16 years of your life it gets kinda tiring!

Although, I am very happy I live here rather than other places.
Reply 103
London
Reply 104
I love the North, people are just so much friendly.

However, I chose Cornwall because it is just amazing, definately the nicest place in England that I've visited.
Reply 105
WOW, I didn't know so many more people would be interested in this.
Reply 106
It's definitely not Greater London..
Reply 107
Everyone else is being bias so... greater manchester.
Reply 108
crazyunicorn133
Why is virtually all of the north west missed out? Cheshire, Liverpool, Wirral, Chester, Merseyside.....

Because I couldn't fit every single county in as I only had 16 slots... i know I should have used the larger regions inside. Oh well, just select the "Another Place" option and state below.
Bella Occhi
What's the pic in your sig from? :woo:

The guy on the left is Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, the guy on the right is Dexter :h:
Middlesbrough

Got to love the historic Transporter Bridge.
kiwigirl
How on earth is Edinburgh overrated?

It's far too expensive to live in and, once you've looked beyond the tourist aspects, it's just the damned same as everywhere else. You've got your crime, your roadworks, your endless Tesco stores, your out of town shopping, your hellish commutes, your potholes, your chavs and crappy housing estates, your industrial developments, your chain cinemas and so on so forth. The people who praise Edinburgh the most are the tourists and passing visitors, and you really see the faults in a place after you've lived there your entire life.

The nightlife is just another array of overpriced bars that shut early as well as generic clubs, and the bus company have dropped the only two night buses that serve my end of the city so getting home afterwards is a PITA.

Also, how does my uncle pay less council tax on his £1.5m 7 bedroom Berkshire mansion (with four car garage and tennis court) than I do for my £400k 3-bedroom semi in an average area of Edinburgh? He also has reliable bin collections and properly gritted roads in the winter - we don't.
Anywhere in the North; you can't beat those hills :love:
Reply 113
All English and Welsh countryside is basically the same outside of the national parks (which all look the same as each other). I could kidnap any of you and drop you in any county and you wouldn't have a clue whether you were in Devon or Northumberland.

Most British towns and cities are also very, very, very similar, with exactly the same shops and bars and pavement and cars as everywhere else.
Reply 114
Northern Ireland. :smile: I've only ever lived here, but up round the North coast is absolutely beautiful.

On a nice day.

Which is a rarity.

But still :smile:
East London.
Reply 116
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Whoever voted essex is a joker and a half.

Why? Have you even been there?
Reply 117
Jonty99
This poll will tell us which region has the largest number of TSR users.

this

The west midlands because that's were I live :p:
At the moment, I have the best of both worlds. Christmas and summer in Somerset and university in London. :woo:

10 minutes from my house:

10 minutes from halls:

I doubt I'll stay in London for work, but I'd definitely love to live in Bristol or Bath after university. The south-west is the best place to live in the UK.

London is great, but I wouldn't want to spend my whole life there.
Reply 119
The choices for this should have been:

1) London
2) One of the 10 or 12 large cities not called London
3) One of the myriad of indistinguishable large towns/small cities
4) in the generic English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish countryside
5) on the coast
6) up a mountain

Latest

Trending

Trending