Year 12s: are you going to a Ucas fair?

Yes, I am going with my school/college25%
Yes, I am going with my parent(s)/guardians(s)5%
Yes, I am going with my friends5%
No, I don't plan to60%
Have other plans? tell us more in this thread!6%
Total votes: 106
:wavey: Year 12 students...

As we're now firmly into your second term at school or college, you might be planning the next steps in researching your options for when you conclude this part of your educational journey, so, we'd like to hear what your plans are for attending a Ucas fair or otherwise in the not-too-distant future.

Are you attending your nearest event with your school or college? taking a trip to one with your friends? :grouphugs: or perhaps you have other plans... take a vote in the poll and tell us more about your answer below!
(edited 2 months ago)
what is a ucas fair?
Original post by CamembertPaws
:wavey: Year 12 students...

As we're now firmly into your second term at school or college, you might be planning the next steps in researching your options for when you conclude this part of your educational journey, so, we'd like to hear what your plans are for attending a Ucas fair or otherwise in the not-too-distant future.

Are you attending your nearest event with your school or college? taking a trip to one with your friends? :grouphugs: or perhaps you have other plans... take a vote in the poll and tell us more about your answer below!

It would be nice if more schools could let students know about this! I have no idea what a UCAS fair is and it could have been useful during my application
Original post by emm4nuella
It would be nice if more schools could let students know about this! I have no idea what a UCAS fair is and it could have been useful during my application

Totally agree! How did you go about researching your options?
Original post by ohyegodsmyroast
what is a ucas fair?

Great question :smile: a Ucas fair is an exhibition-type event that takes place all over the UK, over 100 Universities take part and students and other applicants can talk to university representatives at the events to help with researching their options as well as visit talks on various topics around the university application process, there are also degree apprenticeship and alternative pathway options there too!
Original post by CamembertPaws
Totally agree! How did you go about researching your options?

I literally went on UCAS, entered my predicted grades to narrow the search and then went through quite a few of the universities' courses to see which ones appealed to me the most :smile: but a UCAS fair would have been so much better so I could see the unis in person
(edited 2 months ago)
You can find your nearest UCAS fair on their website https://www.ucas.com/ucas-events/ucas-discovery

They’re only once a year at each location so worth finding out when it will be near you.

Not every university goes to every fair.

There’s also a specific event for creative courses that runs in the autumn usually in London and Manchester only.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending