The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't know what you experience but I hear just as much criticism of Israel as I do support for it.

bashment
this advert is mainly placed so that the israeli lobbies can gain influence on the boards not because they think that students have alot of money and would want to send flowers to israel !!!

Where do you get this from? The only reason that advert appears is because google's adverts appear based on the contents of the current page. If you mention "israel" fourteen times (in whatever light) in a post then the advert will display something related to Israel
Reply 2
because vienna is a ridiculously good debator - despite being rather odd
Ohhh it's the big zionist conspiracy. That's right. I forgot. Jews control the world. Ha.
Reply 4
Because they can form a coherent sentence?
How did the current state of israel come into being?
FOR ****S SAKE, BASHMENT STOP WITH THE ANTI-ISRAEL TOPICS

YOU DON'T WIN YOUR ARGUMENTS AND IT'S GETTING POINTLESS AND TIRING

WE KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, SHUT THE **** UP

Had to get that out my system....
Reply 7
JonathanH
FOR ****S SAKE, BASHMENT STOP WITH THE ANTI-ISRAEL TOPICS

YOU DON'T WIN YOUR ARGUMENTS AND IT'S GETTING POINTLESS AND TIRING

WE KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, SHUT THE **** UP

Had to get that out my system....

Start the pro-Israel ones then....

This is D&D, if you don't want to debate, ignore and don't come in here. Put bashment on ur ignore list...simple./
Reply 8
bashment
ever wondered how come the israeli lobbies have so much influence !!

example on this board we have the advert send flowers to israel, this advert is mainly placed so that the israeli lobbies can gain influence on the boards not because they think that students have alot of money and would want to send flowers to israel !!!

what does everyone else think
or do you think the israeli lobbies get there influence from somewhere else ??

Google cleverly matches up significant words to provide an effective advertisement service. Bearing in mind you use the word Israel significantly, its hardly surprising that it would find an advert in relation to Israel. The other possible answer is that those evil Zionists have programmed the Intel chip inside your machine to promote Israel at every opportunity.

In regards to your post, the only thing Im wondering about is precisely why you posted this thread again when it was originally removed for having no basis for debate.
Reply 9
BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

There is absolutely nothing to debate here. bashment is simply making a comment that would have been better if he kept it to himself.

I thought this would have been deleted by now.
LoveYourSlavery

Was it the result of the dispalcement of jews during wwII?
Reply 11
LoveYourSlavery

Like almost other state in the world: through war.
LoveYourSlavery
Was it the result of the dispalcement of jews during wwII?
It wasn't the direct cause I don't think, but after ww2 they felt a definate need for a Jewish State where Jews would be free from anti-semitism.
Bismarck
Like almost other state in the world: through war.

Can you elaborate a little?
Ive heard/seen so many ludicrous accusations of anti-semitism that i never really thought id see a genuine example of it. This thread changed that. (assuming that the first post is actually serious)
an Siarach
Ive heard/seen so many ludicrous accusations of anti-semitism that i never really thought id see a genuine example of it. This thread changed that. (assuming that the first post is actually serious)

His posts are very serious.

This isn't the worst one he has done. The winner, for me, has to be "whats the worst thing about Israel's policy?" LOL, it gets me every time.
an Siarach

Well yea the example given in the initial post seems a little pranoid and unfounded.

However I think the question of an israeli lobby is up for debate.
Bismarck
After initially promising Jews their own homeland, Britain decided to back the Arabs in their attempt to recreate an Arab Empire from Rabat to Baghdad to Damascus. The Jews living in what is now Israel didn't support that plan, and with the support of Soviet weapons, forced the armies of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and the rest of the Arab world out of its territory and declared independence. Since this claim of independence was backed by both the USSR and the US, its independence was recognized by the international community.

How come Britain promised the jews a homeland? What motivated this?
So Britain promised the jews a homeland out of self interest and anti-semetism?

Was the 1290 expulsion of the jews from england and subsiquently europe an unfounded anti-semtic witch hunt?
Pretty much all treatment/policy aimed at the jews from Christ to WWII was motivated by rabid anti-semitism.

Latest

Trending

Trending