The Student Room Group

I am an Israeli - AMA

I am an Israeli and I'm ready to answer your questions, even about the current situation.

* I am not going to reply direct insults or offence, I will try to hold a serious conversation.

Scroll to see replies

What brings you to TSR?
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
What brings you to TSR?

Wanted to study in the UK a while ago.
What's your thoughts on the events of 1948 in Palestine, if you know
What’s your favourite dish?
Original post by Kathy89
I am an Israeli and I'm ready to answer your questions, even about the current situation.

* I am not going to reply direct insults or offence, I will try to hold a serious conversation.

Maybe it could be wrong, but am I right in thinking that you are living out of Israel?
Reply 6
Original post by Kathy89

Hi Kathy89, thanks for posting here and for being so open. I honestly feel for both sides in the current conflict but I admit I am more in high support of Israel. I can understand to a degree how terrifying it must be for yourself in the current climate as both online and in the streets I have seen aggressive support for Palestine and also horrible Antisemitism being thrown around which I find disturbing and unneeded.
I honestly wish you all the very best and please know that despite all the hatred and terrorism coming from Palestine, you are not alone and you have a huge amount of supporters backing the Israeli nation and movement.

Best regards,
scaf
Reply 7
Original post by Kallisto
Maybe it could be wrong, but am I right in thinking that you are living out of Israel?

No, I actually live in Israel.
Reply 8
Original post by scaf007
Hi Kathy89, thanks for posting here and for being so open. I honestly feel for both sides in the current conflict but I admit I am more in high support of Israel. I can understand to a degree how terrifying it must be for yourself in the current climate as both online and in the streets I have seen aggressive support for Palestine and also horrible Antisemitism being thrown around which I find disturbing and unneeded.
I honestly wish you all the very best and please know that despite all the hatred and terrorism coming from Palestine, you are not alone and you have a huge amount of supporters backing the Israeli nation and movement.

Best regards,
scaf

hugs
Thank you!
Me too. I don't like any type of violence especially war activity, but this time it was justified.
Reply 9
Original post by Talkative Toad
What’s your favourite dish?

Actually I am more into Asian food. I really like green curry noodles.
My favorite food is changing a lot, because I don't really like only something specific, so it is more about craving something... same goes for movies or books... The only two things I really have something I favor a lot over other things is sports and pets. (Basketball and running for sports, cats for pets).
Reply 10
why dont you want ceasefire? do you?
why did you keep oppresing them over many years? i mean forget govt but normal citizens should have had sympathy. they were normal peoples only. you should let them live in peace.
Reply 11
Original post by Kathy89
hugs
Thank you!
Me too. I don't like any type of violence especially war activity, but this time it was justified.

Yeah me too honestly, I am not Jewish but it was shocking the attack that Palestine initiated. I also find it so disturbing and strange how so many people keep saying that Palestine is oppressed or something. As far as I am concerned, Palestine have been the main aggressor for years against Israel and were the starting force behind the current conflict. I think Palestine deserves a hard lesson that they will not be able to recover from as they have caused so much pain already.

As I said before, all the best. I do not want to go into detail about the attacks as after all this is a Student forum.
Reply 12
Original post by scaf007
Yeah me too honestly, I am not Jewish but it was shocking the attack that Palestine initiated. I also find it so disturbing and strange how so many people keep saying that Palestine is oppressed or something. As far as I am concerned, Palestine have been the main aggressor for years against Israel and were the starting force behind the current conflict. I think Palestine deserves a hard lesson that they will not be able to recover from as they have caused so much pain already.

As I said before, all the best. I do not want to go into detail about the attacks as after all this is a Student forum.

Please keep in mind that there is a difference between Palestine and Hamas. The people of Palestine, most of the are innocent and held hostage by Hamas who use them as human sheilds to show how aggressive Israel is.
On the other hand, IDF are not saints either, I personally know incidents where they used far too much force or intentionally harm innocent people. But it is nothing to compare to October 7th.
Whats the situation concerning Ethiopians in Israel?

All I know is that a bunch of them were claimed from Gondar a while back and taken to Israel.
I dont think there's much news on them but I've seen some stuff about preventing Ethiopian pregnancies, racism, police brutality etc.
But I want to know is the situation for ethiopians bad? Is there an apartheid or anything similar? Do they want to go back to ethiopia or some other country? And anything else you want to say.
Reply 14
Original post by sunshine1541
What's your thoughts on the events of 1948 in Palestine, if you know

Took me a while to come to write a long passage for it. Decided to make it shorter and see your reaction. I was ready for this type of questions and actually wanted them.
When you speak of 1948, please clarify which 1948 you are talking about. 1948 or in fact the end of 1947?

On Nov.29 1947, The UN agreed to establish a Jewish Country on the land of a former British colony called Palestina. The majority of the world agreed to this. The plan was dividing the land between two countries, one for Jews, the other for Arabs

The Next day the Arabs of a former British colony called Palestina started an attack on Jewish settlements in protest of the UN decision.

All this was happening up until the end of the British control over Palestina on May 14th 1948 where Israel was officially established. On May 15th all surrounding Arab countries attacked Israel.

During the war which lasted until mid 1949, IDF (which was found during that war) and other Israeli forces conquered even more land which is logical because it was war.

Did you mean that? or did you mean what happened before that during the British control?

I don't mean to be offensive. Just asking you to be more specific about your question. History is complicated and knowing random facts without the whole picture can be misleading. If you know me from posts before October the 7th you can see that I am not a fan of Israeli government and that I am talking about a peaceful solution. I mentioned a few times in other posts that Israel are far from being saints, but disinformation coming from both sides sometimes has little connection to the history itself and telling only a small part and sometimes even telling a wrong story missing the timeline.
History was one of my favorite subjects at school and I even took some extra courses for it in uni.
Reply 15
Original post by Iron.eckhart
Whats the situation concerning Ethiopians in Israel?

All I know is that a bunch of them were claimed from Gondar a while back and taken to Israel.
I dont think there's much news on them but I've seen some stuff about preventing Ethiopian pregnancies, racism, police brutality etc.
But I want to know is the situation for ethiopians bad? Is there an apartheid or anything similar? Do they want to go back to ethiopia or some other country? And anything else you want to say.

It is at the same level as racism in USA against blacks and Hispanic.
Or were you speaking of Eritrean refugees? This I don't really know. I know there are less of them in the streets of Tel Aviv now, not sure about the reason.. aka, deportation or jail. All I know some of them were a complete mess, not working and only drinking and doing drugs with all the consequences of that... I am not racist, there are many of good workers from Eritrea and there are many whites who do drugs and not working... just answering a specific question you asked.
Reply 16
Original post by Prem 885
why dont you want ceasefire? do you?
why did you keep oppresing them over many years? i mean forget govt but normal citizens should have had sympathy. they were normal peoples only. you should let them live in peace.

We (Israel) wants a ceasefire to release their hostages, but not at any cost, and at a certain logic in the order of releasing hostages vs releasing Palestinian prisoners.

Opressing who? and how? Palestinian women in Israel have more rights and opportunities then in any other Arab country. Please give an example.
I'm not saying there is no discrimination and no racism and even a certain amount of oppression, but comparing to what they can do in other arab countries, they can get much more from Israel. Do they want? Do they do what it needs to be done to take it (education for example)? Do their government allows them to or helps them to.... no....

Original post by Kathy89
Actually I am more into Asian food. I really like green curry noodles.
My favorite food is changing a lot, because I don't really like only something specific, so it is more about craving something... same goes for movies or books... The only two things I really have something I favor a lot over other things is sports and pets. (Basketball and running for sports, cats for pets).

That’s nice
Original post by Kathy89

where in eretz yisrael do you live?
And are you jewish?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by probably_sane
where in eretz yisrael do you live?
And are you jewish?

Herzeliya, and I'm a non-religious Jew.

Quick Reply

Latest