The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it anti-semetic to say that some of the people at the centre of world finance are jews?
LoveYourSlavery
Is it anti-semetic to say that some of the people at the centre of world finance are jews?

Nope.
an Siarach
Pretty much all treatment/policy aimed at the jews from Christ to WWII was motivated by rabid anti-semitism.

So why in 1290? How come jews were even in england if there was such rabid anti semetism?
LoveYourSlavery
No, it's a compliment, thank you.

It's only anti-semitic when one says Jews are taking over. Check out the irony, Jews contain no more than 0.01% of the population.
an Siarach
Nope.

Just checking. It seems some posters equate the suggestion of jewish involvement in the upper echelons of banking to anti semetism.
LoveYourSlavery
So why in 1290? How come jews were even in england if there was such rabid anti semetism?

Why what in 1290? And people have to live somewhere. If theyd had a choice they wouldnt have lived under such conditions.
Bismarck
0.67% of Brits are Jews. :smile:

1% of Americans are Jews. :smile:
LoveYourSlavery
Just checking. It seems some posters equate the suggestion of jewish involvement in the upper echelons of banking to anti semetism.

It depends on what youre saying. To simply state that some of those involved in finance are jewish is not anti-semitic but i rather doubt thats all you have to say on the matter.
gemgems89
No, it's a compliment, thank you.

It's only anti-semitic when one says Jews are taking over. Check out the irony, Jews contain no more than 0.01% of the population.

0.01% is'nt that kind of the 'conspiracy theorists' point, that for their influence is disproportionate to their numbers?
LoveYourSlavery
0.01% is'nt that kind of the 'conspiracy theorists' point, that for their influence is disproportionate to their numbers?

I've always wondered why people think it's strange/unusual for Jews to be business people, lawyers, doctors. We are normal human beings like everyone else. We just have a certain religion. :confused:
Reply 30
LoveYourSlavery

So what? If Luxembourgers make up 0.005% of the world's population, but control at least 10 times that percentage in international finance, does that mean there is some Luxembourger conspiracy in effect?
an Siarach
Why what in 1290? And people have to live somewhere. If theyd had a choice they wouldnt have lived under such conditions.

Why did the victimisation of the jews reach a head in 1290 resulting in the expulsion from england?
LoveYourSlavery
Why did the victimisation of the jews reach a head in 1290 resulting in the expulsion from england?

I forget the reasoning exactly but the persecution would become more virulent than usual occasionally but it was constant to a greater or lesser extent.
Bismarck
So what? If Luxembourgers make up 0.005% of the world's population, but control at least 10 times that percentage in international finance, does that mean there is some Luxembourger conspiracy in effect?

No but it would mean that they had a disproportionate influence. If it were a larger percentage you might say there was the possibility for 'control' rather than 'influence'
Bismarck

No but it would mean that they had a disproportionate influence. If it were a larger percentage you might say there was the possibility for 'control' rather than 'influence'

In fact even if a group controlled 100% it could still be unfair to call it a 'canspiracy'
Bismarck
What percent of international finance do you think Jews control?

Also, do you think Jews act as a group (i.e. they coordinate their activities with each other) or do individual Jews try to make money for themselves?

I have no idea. I suspect it is less now than in the past. I have heard of the influence of the house of rothschild in the past.

No I don't think the 'Jews' act as a group more than any other group.

Is it anti-semetic to criticise the 'money cartel' or the practice of usury?
Reply 36
People of a Jewish background are successful in the financial market, because they deserve it. They have huge companies worldwide such as Coca-Cola, Estee Lauder, Revlon, M&S and off course, the legendary starbucks. They work hard and put time and effort into their work and so are very successful. They deserve to be at the top of financial markets.

Oooh, what's this? Is an arab muslim really saying this? Yes.
Reply 37
Bismarck
Most of those companies are no longer owned by Jews (Ester Lauder being the only exception I believe).

They were started by Jew, and then other people saw potential and bought it. Makes sense really.

I love Estee(Ester) Lauder products! They actually work! Unlike stupid Clinique and No.7.

Anyway...
Bismarck
Too bad the Rothchild myth was part of anti-Semitic propaganda. It has long since been discredited.

Only if you add that Jews are the only ones who commit usury.

Which bit was a myth? Them (rothschilds) being a powerful banking dynasty? Them having any influence on national / european affairs? Or that they are not actually jewish?

Where i'm going with all this is trying to fnd out the origins of anti-semtism which is of course never justifiable.
As they say a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=18852&stc=1

Latest

Trending

Trending