The Student Room Group

Mechanical Engineering MEng at Durham

Hi, I'm just going into year 12, and am probably taking Maths, DT, Physics and Geography.

I was just wondering if anyone is currently studying Mechanical Engineering at Durham, and has just finished first year, or second year?

If so, was the course as you expected, and how is Durham as a place?
I currently live in Newcastle and do not fancy moving too far away. I am interested in maybe going into Automotive engineering, through mechanical engineering, and was wondering if Durham give you that option...?

Or even just, what is the course like, do you enjoy it? and what does it involve?

Any replies would be appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Barclay246
Hi, I'm just going into year 12, and am probably taking Maths, DT, Physics and Geography.

I was just wondering if anyone is currently studying Mechanical Engineering at Durham, and has just finished first year, or second year?

If so, was the course as you expected, and how is Durham as a place?
I currently live in Newcastle and do not fancy moving too far away. I am interested in maybe going into Automotive engineering, through mechanical engineering, and was wondering if Durham give you that option...?

Or even just, what is the course like, do you enjoy it? and what does it involve?

Any replies would be appreciated! :smile:

If you live in Newcastle, go to Newcastle. Durham doesn't really offer value for Mechanical Engineering.
Reply 2
Durham isn't even in the top like.. 30 for MEng. It seems to be more of an arts or history place, Definitely try somewhere else like Newcastle.
Reply 3
Thanks!
Between Durham and Edinburgh...?

I have kinda changed my aim to design engineering so...
Reply 4
Original post by Barclay246

Original post by Barclay246
Thanks!
Between Durham and Edinburgh...?

I have kinda changed my aim to design engineering so...

I've applied to Durham and Edinburgh to do Mechanical Engineering (MEng) for 2012 entry. From what I've gathered, Edinburgh seems to be the better uni for engineering but that's just from what I've heard, not to say that that's the truth!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest